Author Topic: wonderful comcast experience with furling level grammar  (Read 979 times)

This entire conversation took ~30 minutes, its loving ridiculous. I noticed my IP changed after 2 years of the old one for no apparent reason so I decided to figure out why, this is what ensued. It's funny because the IP changed in the middle of the day and I wasn't having any connectivity issues.
frankie > My Issue: Wondering why my static IP address changed.
Irfan > Hello frankie, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Irfan. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Irfan > It's a privilege to have you here on chat and I am looking forward to provide you excellent service!
frankie > Thanks.
Irfan > You are welcome.
Irfan > Just to ensure that I have understood the issue correctly,you want to get information about your static Ip changed. Is that correct?
frankie > Yes, I noticed it changed this morning.
Irfan > No worries,I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you and I'm sure we can work together on your concern.
Irfan > You have reached the right person.To assist you better, I would like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?
frankie > Sure.
Irfan > May I please know your Comcast account number or the last 4 digits of the SSN listed on the account for security & verification purpose?
frankie > ****
Irfan > Thank you, while the system looks up your account information let me share a great feature we are providing - You can receive Free bill alerts through SMS on your registered cell phone. You may activate this free service after logging in to your account. And do read about the Comcast Customer Guarantee at http://www.comcast.com/corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html
Irfan > May I know your old static and new static Ip please?
frankie > Old IP address was 98.222.**.**, current IP is 98.215.***.**
Irfan > Thank you for the information.
frankie > No problem.
Irfan > Please be online,I am checking your account details.
frankie > It happened sometime 12-9 PM yesterday, I just looked a little more into it.
Irfan > May I know the Operating system you are using?
frankie > Windows 7
Irfan > I request you to set your old Ip address and check the connectivity of your network.
frankie > I didn't change anything, though.
frankie > My internet is fine and all, I'm just wondering why my IP address changed and if I could get my old one back.
Irfan > May I know the your reason for using Static Ip address?
frankie > I used it for remote accessing my router, plus I just got around to memorizing the old one.
Irfan > Are you able to access your router remotely by your new Static Ip?
frankie > Yeah.
Irfan > Could you please set your old Ip address and try to access your router remotely for checking your old Static Ip address is working or not.
frankie > There isn't anything that changed relating to that, Comcast assigned me a new IP address.
Irfan > Yes and you have been assigned a new Static Ip address.
Irfan > Now your new static Ip address is 98.215.***.**
frankie > That what I was inquiring about. I was wondering why it changed and if it's possible to get my old one back.
Irfan > No,I am sorry,this Ip address is assigned by our Comcast server for you that is why you will not be able to change it in old one.
frankie > Was there any reason for it changing overnight after about a year of my old one?
Irfan > It is assigned Ip address to you sometime if your old Ip address does not work our server provide a new Static Ip address.
frankie > But it worked just fine...
Irfan > While your computer get started it pick your Static ip address and if server is not able to provide you the static ip it automatically generate a new static ip for you but it happens very rare.
frankie > Well, ok.
frankie > Thanks I think.

Does this really belong in off topic? Or am I wrong?

Does this really belong in off topic? Or am I wrong?
why wouldn't it?

why wouldn't it?
Meh, I guess so. I thought it be like a drama thing. Never mind.

I would guess that it's a non-English speaking person in a foreign country who's mostly working from a pre-written script and using their half-baked English to join the sentences together.

Shame that's such a common industry practice. It really does nothing for customer service to talk or message people who are difficult to understand.

the guy isn't literally furling
drama is blockhead vs blockhead

they usually change static ips once in a while. they just recycle them i think

Comcast customer service is terrible. I had to call them the other day because my internet kept crashing.

Me: Is the sticker on the side of the modem or is it on the bottom?
Them: Yes
Me: Uh, is the sticker on the bottom or on the side?
Them: Yes

they usually change static ips once in a while. they just recycle them i think
it really sucks because that ip was really easy to remember
the last 4 digits were the 4 first four in my main bl_id :(

Comcast customer service is terrible. I had to call them the other day because my internet kept crashing.

yes

haahhh

you're better off committing Self Delete than dealing with comcast customer service.