Author Topic: After School MIDI  (Read 4407 times)

I sequenced a MIDI version of After School Special.  It's probably not completely accurate, as it's hard to make out certain parts due to the low sound quality of the original.

Download the MIDI

I also rendered it with fancy soundfonts and made it into an Ogg Vorbis loop for use in Blockland.  Maybe as a higher-quality alternative to the default After School Special?

Download the Blockland loop

i must play this in synthesia

Nice.

also I'm planning on converting this midi into something that could be used in super mario world
2complicated4me
if anyone wants to try their hand at it: After School Special.mml (directly exported from tinymm, except for an octave fix)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:44:08 PM by dargereldren »

this actually sounds really nice.
calm and relaxing just like After school special.

I'm already working on making this an ABC file for starbound.

EDIT: Having trouble. I was able to make it separate instruments, but I can't merge a few of them to make a solo file without all of the notes getting messed up.

EDIT 2: Done! Yay! [Download]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:39:23 PM by Mrmii21 »

I'm already working on making this an ABC file for starbound.

EDIT: Having trouble. I was able to make it separate instruments, but I can't merge a few of them to make a solo file without all of the notes getting messed up.

EDIT 2: Done! Yay! [Download]

I haven't played enough Starbound to actually have any instruments in-game, so I'll have to try these out when I do.

You probably could have combined the two E. Piano parts,  though.  I imagine they would be played on the same keyboard by the same person, I just split them into two MIDI channels to make them easier to manage while I was sequencing.

The "solo" version is pretty messy.  I would recommend just using the E. Piano parts, Harp, Annoying Orangeet, and Organ.  That way you have the song's rhythm and melody without getting too complex.