Community Spammer Watch-List

Author Topic: Community Spammer Watch-List  (Read 4358 times)

The drama section isn't a clutter-forget of spammer threads though, it's not life off-topic where a thread vanishes after 10 minutes.  I could see why you would make a megathread if it did become an issue.  Also, how many people actually pay attention to this (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=32719.0) thread? most of the in-game players don't pay attention to it, and they are the ones running the servers.
there's no reason to pay attention to that. its just stories of people being stupid admins and stuff, why would it be important to pay attention to? this topic is actually worth paying attention to if you are a server host and want to report spammers or check if someone has a history of being obnoxious. this topic also encourages spam reports, because i know that like me, there are probably other players who feel that making drama topics over petty things (game spam) is just annoying. i'd much rather place reports here, where I can post a picture and 3 sentences without feeling like a drama whore who runs to this board over every problem ("drama is my personal army!")

having a bunch of topics saying "he placed red cubes" is kind of stupid. it's not like those topics stir up any new discussion. there's nothing to say except "i'll ban him" or "wow what a noob". this is a good place to put those reports because they don't need a topic of their own. i personally think the drama board is kinda stupid, but if its going to be used, it should be used for actual drama: the DDoS saga, RTB breakdown, 10 page essays on why a certain user sucks. this topic provides a place for smaller issues that are still drama, but subjectively not big enough to warrant their own topic.

this topic basically servers as a report database. there's no argumentative drama like "well i don't mind him" or "yea i think his views are extreme and annoying". it's just a report, nothing to talk about, so just put it in this thread because it makes it easier for admins and reporters.

the point of this thread explicitly is for you to post relevant information for the benefit of other people without cluttering the board, which has the additional benefit of bumping the watchlist whenever people post new information keeping it relevant

the point of the skbm thread is mostly just for people to talk about how they've been banned unfairly without cluttering the board with a bunch of little useless dramas

there's no reason to pay attention to that. its just stories of people being stupid admins and stuff, why would it be important to pay attention to? this topic is actually worth paying attention to if you are a server host and want to report spammers or check if someone has a history of being obnoxious. this topic also encourages spam reports, because i know that like me, there are probably other players who feel that making drama topics over petty things (game spam) is just annoying. i'd much rather place reports here, where I can post a picture and 3 sentences without feeling like a drama whore who runs to this board over every problem ("drama is my personal army!")

If a host wants to check-up on the unpleasant users, he's got the search feature with advanced settings to filter the users.  And I understand that it's a good thread for hosts to post about the trouble-makers, however, as I have stated before, very few people look or care to check these threads for the off-putting users.

having a bunch of topics saying "he placed red cubes" is kind of stupid. it's not like those topics stir up any new discussion. there's nothing to say except "i'll ban him" or "wow what a noob". this is a good place to put those reports because they don't need a topic of their own. i personally think the drama board is kinda stupid, but if its going to be used, it should be used for actual drama: the DDoS saga, RTB breakdown, 10 page essays on why a certain user sucks. this topic provides a place for smaller issues that are still drama, but subjectively not big enough to warrant their own topic.

Yeah I agree those threads are just useless spam, nevertheless - there are actual irritating users in Blockland that I am sure you know, those people actually deserve a drama thread, I'd hate to see such a person get put into a thread like this, and barely anyone sees it.

this topic basically servers as a report database. there's no argumentative drama like "well i don't mind him" or "yea i think his views are extreme and annoying". it's just a report, nothing to talk about, so just put it in this thread because it makes it easier for admins and reporters.

Understand the definition of drama, when someone posts in the drama section, they should expect an argument, that's what drama is basically: debates.

I didn't take a screenshot, but there were two children, "eath" and someone else with a 79k ID, who were filling up Badspot's chat box with capital letters.  Client muting kept them quiet for me though ;o

waz diz really nezzazarrryy????????

User was banned for this post
wrecked

haha rekt

i like this thread already

If a host wants to check-up on the unpleasant users, he's got the search feature with advanced settings to filter the users.  And I understand that it's a good thread for hosts to post about the trouble-makers, however, as I have stated before, very few people look or care to check these threads for the off-putting users.
except if the topic doesn't exist. not everyone feels like making a drama topic over the slightest little thing (brick spam), and not every spammer is a habitual problem user that's "infamous" for his misdeeds. that is why this topic is good. spam reports will be posted more frequently because it doesn't require a whole new topic. then, when people use the search function, results might actually come up (this topic!)
Yeah I agree those threads are just useless spam, nevertheless - there are actual irritating users in Blockland that I am sure you know, those people actually deserve a drama thread, I'd hate to see such a person get put into a thread like this, and barely anyone sees it.
nothing to argue since you're basically agreeing. big problems warrant a thread. small problems don't, so that's why they should be put here.
Understand the definition of drama, when someone posts in the drama section, they should expect an argument, that's what drama is basically: debates.
lmao, you're actually trying to tell me to learn the definition of drama. reports usually don't turn into debates, so it's good to have this thread where people can just post reports without making a big deal about it. its like the sage function or the concept of megathreads. its nice to be able to post something without thinking you're making a big scene. its better to report a couple of spammers here than it is to post a new thread about them every week.

I don't know why you guys have problems with bushido making a thread for this. This seems like a really good idea.

I don't know why you guys have problems with bushido making a thread for this. This seems like a really good idea.
I'm not denying it, I'm saying most of the in-game players don't pay attention in-depth to look in a thread, I'm sure it would work out great if it happens to be, just proposing my predictions.

At what rate is he spamming, hotdot? if he's using a bot, then email it to Badspot, he'll surely be deactivated.

LOL
i took that screenshot and posted it in a drama like a year ago

I'm starting to wish I didn't delete photos of a BL username known as Toaster being a jerk. But I do remember what happened when I was hosting a Freeplay server:

Toaster Connected
NightHawk: Hi
Toaster: Do you have add-ons?
NightHawk: Yes.
NightHawk: A lot of them, plus some of my own. :D
Toaster: Ok well f*** you b**** attention w****
Toaster has left the game
NightHawk: What was up with that guy?!
Toaster Connected
NightHawk:What was that all about?!
Toaster: XD
Toaster has left the game
Toaster Connected
Toaster: XD
He kept spamming that like 2 more times, resulting in this:
NightHawk has permanently banned Toaster "GET OUT"

At what rate is he spamming, hotdot? if he's using a bot, then email it to Badspot, he'll surely be deactivated.

I wasn't there.

Kyro took the image, as he said.