Poll

No Poll at the Moment

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: ...  (Read 229069 times)

NFS Pro Street had a neat one too

The problem about wide body kits is that you can't change the wheels position on the CVS, which means the wheels will stay the way it is from the stock parts

The problem about wide body kits is that you can't change the wheels position on the CVS, which means the wheels will stay the way it is from the stock parts
I realize that. The plan is to actually not make them look exactly as shown, but get an inspiration from them and try to make them look wide.

Tada! The frame of the sidekick is done! I'm so happy and proud of myself of doing this accomplishment because I'm bringing one of my things I use irl into one of my favorite games!

Blockland Sidekick (View in 3D)

The cylinder vertice radius is 8. And the elbows are only smoothed. The edge split technique was also applied to this. That may be the reason why there's about 8000 vertices.

And at last, the sidekick model is 100% done with hardware, and everything else that you'd normally see on one of these things!

Blockland Sidekick V2 (View in 3D)

The sidekick somewhat made it in game...What do you mean somewhat you ask? Well...

Time to pull off an old progress update layout

Here it is!

First Person View

Sure it looks good at those angles, but there are some very bad known bugs with this machine that I can really use help on.

Depending on how you steer it, the front wheels will go off badly...

I'm going to try to re-center the front wheels since there's actually 2 wheels for the first time on this bike. The rear left is the same as the others, BUT, there's a rear sprocket with 6 gears (6 speed bike irl) on that wheel.

Also yes I know Hands on Vehicle is missing, I wanted to see how this would turn out in game. It's kinda tall/big right now, but I'm tweaking it so hang with me.

This is rather big you should really make it smaller, also make sure that the wheel model is perfectly centered on blender

Actually, since the steering joint is offset, wouldn't you want the center point to be the axis of rotation?

In simpler terms, place the hub joints at the rotation point for the steering parts. Then, with your wheel model, place everything (your empties and such) at the 0, 0, 0 point and move the wheel the same distance away from 0, 0, 0 as is needs to be to fit neatly inside of the steering section.

In simpler terms, place the hub joints at the rotation point for the steering parts. Then, with your wheel model, place everything (your empties and such) at the 0, 0, 0 point and move the wheel the same distance away from 0, 0, 0 as is needs to be to fit neatly inside of the steering section.
You know what, I think you just read my mind.

There are now 3 wheels total on this PVC bike, along with HandsOnVehicle. The 2 front wheels are the same as the back right, but the center point is positioned differently for the front wheels. The back right like I said is just normal, and the rear right is the same as the rear left, but with a 6-speed sprocket attached if you look carefully in-game.

However the maximum steering angle is quite low. If the angle of 0.65 increased, then the wheels would go into the pvc.

Also the OP has been updated with the Sidekick's info, and the Sidekick has also been added to the poll on which is your favorite NightHawk Motors vehicle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:46:11 PM by Night_Hawk »

Also the OP has been updated with the Sidekick's info, and the Sidekick has also been added to the poll on which is your favorite NightHawk Motors vehicle.
Nobody's going to vote for the Sidekick because they already used their vote on something else. Refresh the poll.

Making it small will help the vehicle alot, Like at least make your feet touch the pedals.

Making it small will help the vehicle alot, Like at least make your feet touch the pedals.
I've asked Lordican about a FeetOnPedals support script via pm not too long ago. I'm waiting right now to see if he'll do it because he told me
Quote from: what Lordican said
I will see what i can do.
I cannot promise a time sadly, i am going on vacation soon.

Hey guys something else that I want to say is that it's time for another vacation for me. It's our annual lake trip at a lake I rather not say with my Dad, and cousins. I will be leaving to spend the night at Dad's tonight, and then heading to the lake tomorrow the 1st sometime. I will come back on Tuesday August 5th, not sure when however. I will not bring my DSi on the trip and night because 1) I might not have time for it tonight 2) There'll be no internet at the place we're vacating at, and 3) I'll be having alot of fun anyways. Thus I won't be able to reply or anything.

You're sure having a lot of breaks.