Author Topic: Ubuntu internet problems  (Read 763 times)

Situation:
I have an Ubuntu desktop that requires a wired connection in order to use the internet. (It doesn't have a wireless card)
The desktop is not on the same floor as my router so a wired connection to the router is out of the question.
I have an Ubuntu laptop that has a wireless connection to my router.
I want to use an Ethernet cable to share my laptop's wireless internet with my desktop.

Anyone have any ideas?

you should probably just get a wireless card or buy one of those USB adapters. I'm sure they aren't very expensive

That would be a good idea except that I said in the OP that I want to use an Ethernet cable between my laptop and desktop.

And I have no money.

That would be a good idea except that I said in the OP that I want to use an Ethernet cable between my laptop and desktop.
that doesn't change the fact that it's a good idea tho
I mean if I say I wanna stick something hot up my ass and I'm thinking about using a lit candle there's nothing wrong with suggesting a hair straightener
And I have no money.
there, that's an actual reason

I mean if I say I wanna stick something hot up my ass and I'm thinking about using a lit candle there's nothing wrong with suggesting a hair straightener
What the literal forget?

I know there's a way to make your computer function as a wireless switch, but I'd personally suggest asking elsewhere. Try the Ubuntu Forum for example.

that doesn't change the fact that it's a good idea tho
That is the best possible brown townogy.
I know there's a way to make your computer function as a wireless switch, but I'd personally suggest asking elsewhere. Try the Ubuntu Forum for example.
A lot of people here know stuff about Ubuntu. And I already know a ton of the people on this forum. If I don't get a good method here then I'll try the Ubuntu forums.

A lot of people here know stuff about Ubuntu. And I already know a ton of the people on this forum. If I don't get a good method here then I'll try the Ubuntu forums.
Why would you opt out of getting professional assistance for a bunch of teenagers who barely know how to operate bash?

Why would you opt out of getting professional assistance for a bunch of teenagers who barely know how to operate bash?
I already said I'd try the Ubuntu forums after this.

My statement still stands.

I think you would need some special hardware in your laptop to support forwarding a wifi connection through its LAN port to a desktop.

I think you would need some special hardware in your laptop to support forwarding a wifi connection through its LAN port to a desktop.
I don't know a lot about computers so I could be totally wrong, but if a computer can normally do things like host servers and stuff, why couldn't it do that with the right software?

forget what.

i dont see whats wrong with it
the best part about it is how nonchalant you are about it

i dont see whats wrong with it
You wouldn't, being the perverted, piece of trash homoloveual that you are.
"y use an actual brown townogy wen i can showcase how much of a 'homoloveual' i am!"