8-Bit Environments

Author Topic: 8-Bit Environments  (Read 17007 times)

Some NES-inspired environment files.  Includes skies, water, and ground.

Download Skies
Download Water
Download Ground

Recommended to use with:
8-Bit ModTer Pack
Famicom Colorset
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:33:33 PM by Plastiware »

whoa, can I have a link to a few of those saves?

Why does Chrome tell me that the save is in Danish
theres a triple space on the first line, maybe thats a danish thing? because thats what chrome removes.

Idea, how about 16-bit environment and modter prints too?

Idea, how about 16-bit environment and modter prints too?

Sounds a bit silly, but then I suppose this is too.

The ModTer prints are showing up in RTB, but the environment textures aren't... I put them all in my add-ons folder, can anyone help? I tried deleting a few add-ons, nothing changed on reboot.
EDIT: Nevermind, they don't show up in the menu but they do in-game. Also, the lighthouse save won't load. I copied and pasted the text from the .bls into TextEdit (on a Mac), saved it as rtf and then I changed it to .bls and put it in saves. Won't load, I get the error: Bad_Line and then a string of numbers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:51:44 AM by Kinlord999 »

The ModTer prints are showing up in RTB, but the environment textures aren't... I put them all in my add-ons folder, can anyone help? I tried deleting a few add-ons, nothing changed on reboot.
EDIT: Nevermind, they don't show up in the menu but they do in-game. Also, the lighthouse save won't load. I copied and pasted the text from the .bls into TextEdit (on a Mac), saved it as rtf and then I changed it to .bls and put it in saves. Won't load, I get the error: Bad_Line and then a string of numbers.

I'm not familiar with Mac web browsers, but isn't there some kind of "save page as" function?  When you open the .bls, just save it to your Blockland/saves directory.

saved it as rtf
It has to be saved as a plain text file.

Anyway, neat add-on you got there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:17:58 AM by dargereldren »

I'll try that with the save again. Also, the water textures don't work. It just changes to blue/red water with a giant stud texture instead of the actual 8-bit water. How can this be fixed?