Can't Save My Builds

Author Topic: Can't Save My Builds  (Read 1966 times)

Zeblote, Changing to read only won't work for me.

No... don't change it to read only. If anything, uncheck read only

Are you sure your blockland folder is not set to read only, and if it isn't is blockland.exe allowed to write to it?

Like I said, I'm on a Mac. I don't know how familiar you are with Mac OS X, but every name under the Sharing and Permissions pane is set to read & write. I don't know about Blockland.exe (although it's probably called Blockland.app on a Mac). I cannot add applications to the list of people allowed to read & write, only contacts. However, my account—the computer administrator—is set to read & write to the Blockland folder.

Check it:

I don't think the fact that I'm using Blockland on Steam has anything to do with it. I used to be able to save even with Blockland on Steam. Could it be the OS I'm running (Mavericks)? I used to be able to save when I was using Snow Leopard (10.6.8). Um, I'm stumped. Please let me know what you think.

Op are you using the steam version of blockland?

My bad, I forgot there was a second page, for some reason Macs don't like blockland on steam; some kind of admin issue; and I think badspot said he couldnt fix it as it is out of his hands

My bad, I forgot there was a second page, for some reason Macs don't like blockland on steam; some kind of admin issue; and I think badspot said he couldnt fix it as it is out of his hands

Would taking Blockland off of my Steam help at all?

Okay everyone, I fixed it. All I had to do was take Blockland out of Steam and re-download the .dmg from the main website (http://blockland.us/Download.html for clarification); a small price to pay for the save capability. Although none of you really fixed by problem, I want to thank all of you, especially Zeblote, for taking the time to read through all my console.logs and suggesting what to do. I'd tip ya, but I have no money. Hopefully a thank you will do just fine.

Mr Queeba, if you are using Blockland on Steam, I suggest you uninstall it (salvaging anything you'd like to keep, of course) from Steam and re-download it from the Blockland website like I did.