Author Topic: How do I make light pink dye?  (Read 6622 times)

I know some of you must know the recipe. If it's some big secret, feel free to tell me via PM. In return, I will teach you a recipe for chicken and rice passed down through my family for generations.

It's no secret, just basic color mixing.  Take bright magenta or hot pink (magenta + red) dye and mix it with white (bleach).  Voila, light pink.

It's no secret, just basic color mixing.  Take bright magenta or hot pink (magenta + red) dye and mix it with white (bleach).  Voila, light pink.
No, like the type that actually is called 'light pink dye'

That's... a really good question, actually.  255 127 127 dye shows up as "Pink Dye", but neither 255 191 191 nor 255 127 191 dyes have any special names.  Are you sure there is such a thing as "Light Pink Dye"?

That's... a really good question, actually.  255 127 127 dye shows up as "Pink Dye", but neither 255 191 191 nor 255 127 191 dyes have any special names.  Are you sure there is such a thing as "Light Pink Dye"?
Positive. Maybe if we can buy enough of it, we can reverse engineer a formula for it, since the RGB values average together when you mix dyes.

Positive. Maybe if we can buy enough of it, we can reverse engineer a formula for it, since the RGB values average together when you mix dyes.

All we would really need is one, and then we have a few options to determine its values:
  • Take a screenshot of the dye itself in the inventory, and attempt to color-correct it against the color of the vial.
  • Apply it to a white clothing item, put it on, take a screenshot of yourself wearing it in direct bright light (in the shop, for instance), and get the color from that.
  • Mix the dye with pitch black, and double the resulting RGB values.

From there it's just a matter of basic color mixing.

How can you do stuff in this game? I tried getting weapons and it said the online shop or whatever isn't online.

aot doesnt have online shop just go inside normal shop

aot doesnt have online shop just go inside normal shop
No one was there, And it just wouldn't load the blacksmith shop.

All we would really need is one, and then we have a few options to determine its values:
  • Take a screenshot of the dye itself in the inventory, and attempt to color-correct it against the color of the vial.
  • Apply it to a white clothing item, put it on, take a screenshot of yourself wearing it in direct bright light (in the shop, for instance), and get the color from that.
  • Mix the dye with pitch black, and double the resulting RGB values.

From there it's just a matter of basic color mixing.
See if you can find me someone selling the dye, and then we can start working on this.

Light Pink Mixing Club 2014

Wasn't the recipe for light pink dye the most closely guarded secret of the Porto & Lub crew?

Wasn't the recipe for light pink dye the most closely guarded secret of the Porto & Lub crew?
Yeah so let's figure this stuff out.

Add me on steam and we can get to work.

Yeah so let's figure this stuff out.

Add me on steam and we can get to work.

glorious victory

Don't forget we couldn't have done it without me!