Author Topic: Thought provoking questions about the internet  (Read 1675 times)

I have some easy answer-the-question home work for English, we're doing stuff on an article about the internet.
I thought these were pretty interesting questions.

Questions:

Q: Explain how your life would be or would not be different if there was no internet.
Q: What government regulation or rule regarding Internet use would you make more or less strict?

My answer (I've only done the first one so far):

A: If there was no internet, my life would be very different. To elaborate on this, I would probably spend more time outside. I would also have a harder time researching things and communicating, since those are some of the primary uses of the internet. I would also have a whole different group of friends, since I would like different things (since things like video games on the internet would have never been made).

If you want to submit your own answer, go ahead

If there was no internet I'd be in an entirely different career path

Also OP a lot of times I have to remind myself you're 11

Q: Explain how your life would be or would not be different if there was no internet.

Q: What government regulation or rule regarding Internet use would you make more or less strict?

I would ban research and social media.  I'd also ban the right to make Internet filters.

I wouldn't have any good research

I would ban research and social media.  I'd also ban the right to make Internet filters.
Does this seem hypocritical to anyone else?
You're banning filters, and then you're filtering things

Yeah I guess you're right.  I guess I'd just regulate what is allowed to be filtered.

These should be reversed, sorry.
too lazy to fix...

Questions:

A. id be outside all the time. but i dont know
B. make torrenting legal as long as the company is not making money off of the product ($10,000/yr)

never knew about the internet until i was 9
i spent all my hours outside 24/7
so yeah those days were kickass

I have a question that's thought provoking.  Why does my internet providers keep throttling my connection?

I'd end up in jail.

Ban filters and sites with more than 3 ads. (Skyscraper, Rectangle and Horizon MAX! I HATE sites with billions of ads.)

never knew about the internet until i was 9
i spent all my hours outside 24/7
so yeah those days were kickass

same boat brother.

Without the Internet life would indeed more difficult. But if the Internet was never "born" in the first place then no one would of noticed and would of found another way to do things just as easy. So, without internet my life would be outdoors more often.

The internet should be free, there should be no restrictions. However, speed restrictions should remain in place to prevent clogging of networks from abusers.

make torrenting legal
torrenting is legal what are you talking about

torrenting is legal what are you talking about

I'm torrenting 134GBs of research. Torrents are excellent for hugeass files.

My life would be completely different, In fact I may have committed Self Delete or something if I didn't have the internet.
all of my friends I've made are on the internet. everything I enjoy is on the internet.
If I didn't have the internet I would be a loser kid that no one likes with no place to go. I would have no options for a life and no friends to help me out with any of my problems and It would probably result in me committing Self Delete if I didn't have people like I do to help me out and enjoy life.
Infact, my personality would be completely different. most of the things I like are from the internet ( I would never have had a love for TF2 or avians or anything).
I would make Laws on things like Illegal websites more strict and would make Copyright rules a little bit less strict (looking at you, youtube.)