Poll

Title

Yes
15 (68.2%)
No
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Does the Drama section encourage an argumentive community?  (Read 819 times)

After reading some very old drama, a thought came to me, and I've been entertaining it for a while.

I understand well the most obvious point of the Drama board. The arguing and ranting that might have gone on in Off-Topic or any other is moved to the Drama board, and keeps the rest of the boards clean. However, I'm beginning to wonder if such a board's existence may encourage further arguing. For example, there's a chance that without it, if a user hates one another, they may just keep quiet and not take it to the forums, or at least PM each other. But could seeing such a section encourage angry users to make new topics solely for arguing?

In my personal opinion, arguing and debate is healthy, so I think that a separate forum for it is a good idea. However, I'm honestly curious what anyone else thinks surrounding this idea.

Does the Drama board encourage an argumentative community?

The good thing about the drama forum is that douches can't edit their posts to remove evidence or add new evidence claiming that it is old. I'd say that the dramas encourage arguments.

The reason I made this topic is because, after reading some Steam reviews, I realized a seriously argumentive community not only wears out the admins, but even prevents some people from buying the game. If this is because of the Drama section, perhaps removing it would be good. However, I'm not sure about this thesis, so I wanted to see what the rest of the forum thinks and get some input.

drama is a powerful force for good

drama is a trash can, where we can filter out all the bad stuff and keep the rest of the topics clean

The real problem is that you have human beings participating on these forums. They're going to bicker and stuff on eachother anyway.

drama is a powerful force for good
and evil

The real problem is that you have human beings participating on these forums. They're going to bicker and stuff on eachother anyway.
ya

The same threads would pop up in GD and Off-Topic before the Drama board existed, I think we'd be worse off without it.

I just think a lot of the people on this forum is bitter.

There's no changing humans, Drama section or not, there will always be richards being richards to richards.

drama is the church of badspot because if he posts something smashing everybody jizzes and starts worshipping him for 20 pages straight

A game like this attracts problem users, children, and along with that, idiots.

We need a way to filter out the hate from the non-hate, hence the drama forum.

the same stuff would just happen elsewhere without it

it doesn't encourages me because I'm not an argumentative person.

drama is the church of badspot because if he posts something smashing everybody jizzes and starts worshipping him for 20 pages straight
This so much.

Drama is there so we can know which ones to avoid. I slightly agree on how it can encourage an argumentive community because there is so much arguing in there and it may become an incentive for some people.

I would say while it does provoke arguing, it provides a hypothetical rug to sweep such things under.

Unfortunately the issue is that people are attracted to it.