Flammable Barrel Remade

Author Topic: Flammable Barrel Remade  (Read 2945 times)

Originally made by Racer I believe, I thought it looked really outdated and decided I should just try to see if I am capable of making it look pretty. I will work on the script later on but I just want to see if it is looking alright and what not. So kick back, look at the pictures and give me your feedback.

A sample .Gif

Oh and here is a link for the old one:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=135410.0

Too high poly ;-;

Where? All cylinders are 18 sided and the body is smoothshaded. It isn't that much for a small vehicletype

Where? All cylinders are 18 sided and the body is smoothshaded. It isn't that much for a small vehicletype
Oh, it is just smooth shading.

That can be considered high-poly for some, try reducing the sides to 6 or 8, and avoid smooth shading the entire model, just some specific parts
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:09:23 PM by Filipe »

That can be considered high-poly for some, try reducing the sides to 6 or 8, and avoid smooth shading the entire model, just some specific parts
quoted for truth

.. are you kidding me? Blockland handles even 200+ polygons on a single vehicle fine.

.. are you kidding me? Blockland handles even 200+ polygons on a single vehicle fine.
LOL blockland handles 5000+ just fine for me. i dont see what your point is.

LOL blockland handles 5000+ just fine for me. i dont see what your point is.

Exactly - that was a low example. Filipe was complaining about 18 polygons.

This would be cooler as a brick tbh.

I wasn't complaining I was just suggesing him to make it more fitting on the game, I mean just compare that barrel next to that blockhead for example
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:38:25 PM by Filipe »

i could spend 5000 polygons and make something that fits the game's style.
i could spend only 100 and make something that looks completely out of place.

this is an example of the latter

i could spend 5000 polygons and make something that fits the game's style.
i could spend only 100 and make something that looks completely out of place.

this is an example of the latter
yea subdivide it. It acctualy wouldnt have look bad if it didnt have smooth shading

I'm tired of this "high poly stuff"
Maybe the people complaining about it lagging their game should invest in some better hardware.