Architecture Thread

Author Topic: Architecture Thread  (Read 2035 times)

So as the years pass, my days till going to college are growing nearer...aaaand I'm still not quite sure what I want to do in life. My three main decisions I've chosen are neuroscience, film, or architecture. I'm really starting to like architecture, and I was just wondering who here has a similar passion.

I'll add more onto the thread maybe, but would you guys care to talk about anything architecture-wise you've created? Or simply architects whose styles you really like? Let me know, I'm curious. For myself, when it comes to architecture, I really like modern, and futuristic-type structures. Frank Lloyd Wright is a pretty big inspiration, I'd say. I love his Japanese-influenced style :o

Anyone else care to join in a discussion of architecture?

Oh, also if you have perspective drawings (Of rooms or landscapes or whatever) you'd like to post, please do :D

Here's a 3 Point Perspective Drawing (I don't know why I drew the watermelon come to think of it):

And here's a 2 Point Perspective Drawing I worked on earlier today:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:08:17 PM by Cucumber! »

I smell Brickitect's presence

I smell Brickitect's presence

Who? Sorry I haven't been really active on this forum for a good...year now? :o

ßlöükfáce's brother. He's known for being interested in architecture and builds nice houses in Blockland.

ßlöükfáce's brother. He's known for being interested in architecture and builds nice houses in Blockland.
Oooh gotcha! Would love to chat with him :)

wheres jirue with his boss ass google sketchup projects

Me! I'm planning on becoming some form of architect. I'm currently working on a house in blockland, should be able to post some pics soon!

I'm plannnng architect/drafter

I'm in my second year of arch and my third year drafting in general

I've been taking all three classes all year year round for the past three years with my best friend, but this will be my last year-- I am no longer pursuing a career in architecture as the job outlook is bad and there are too many as is. My friend on the other hand, is continuing his dream, and has already earned a scholarship toward a tech school with arch programs. I'm worried for his future as an architect though... He asks me lots of questions that he should really know off the top of his head or be able to figure out for himself and I always catch a lot mistakes he makes in his drawings

i mean just look who won first at state last year

ya me not him lolol        ^^^

last year's house:

revisions from both this year and last:

I'll get pics of the house I'm working on now once I bring home more revisions and if I remember I guess

Zloff lives in Michigan!11

sorry for possibly derailing but omg cucumber it's been so long

I was hoping to study either Architecture, Engineering or like physics/maths at an american university. Just need to do my SATs first... I was looking at Yale, South California Institute of Architecture or Hueston University all for architecture.

I only recently had to fill out a form for high school, and have been looking into architecture and engineering, but that's mostly just it.

My brother of course
He's pretty well known for his really really good blockland houses