Author Topic: Have a free concept: Medieval Survival RPG  (Read 669 times)

So I got the original idea from Bravo's Swords of the North, and I've decided to expand on it and give my spin on it.
There's a great lack of quality servers on Blockland. I personally do not want to create this server (due to effort to find a scripter and builders that are actually committed)
However I do not want the idea to go to waste, so I am sharing it with the forums in the hope that someone may be able to pick it up and perhaps give their spin on the idea, which if asked I may help build on.
I wrote this a while ago on a titanpad (Something I regularly use to plan servers) so you'll have to excuse the layout (or lack of it)

Medieval Survival RPG.
The player spawns in a medieval land into a town occupied by bots acting as vendors for the adventurers to sell their loot.
A few kingdoms lay in the lands, empty and waiting for players. Occupying these kingdoms will present a benefit to players (Idea needs expansion)
The spawn town is primarily peaceful, as players will be unable to attack each other or the vendor bots.

This mod will require a GUI, complete with some kind of system to joining a kingdom, the kingdom leader and kingdom politics. The whole game mode will be focused on the politics of the (three?) kingdoms, each with their own colour.
On the top of the screen, there is a HUD displaying the "points" (this could be related to kills or maybe a 'king of the hill' style resource gathering)
There will be bots walking around, Bandits and what-not, which will drop items used to craft a blade.
Part of the gui will be to work on swords, bows, spears, maces, warhammers.
enemy NPC's will drop items such as "Leather and Wood Hilt" Which could be used to craft a melee weapon.
The player will spawn with a bow and get to chose from a variety of melee weapons (the ones listed above)
Throughout the game they will collect different pieces of the craftable weapons to increase the weapons abilities, for instance, a new blade will increase damage, a new hilt may increase speed, a hilt relic may increase critical chance.

If you die, you lose everything and start again.
This may cause rage quitters, but it'll really give you that scared feel in combat which I guess is the most realistic scared feeling you can get in an online FPS game.

Each kingdom will have their own market and a bank, which players can sell items they find and store their cash and items.

Please remember, this is an early concept of this game. Feel free to use it but please remember to credit me in original concept.
I would be willing to help build if you have a good scripter to work on this.

You have to work for your king or you die <--- realist ver

Quote from: OP
If you die, you lose everything and start again.

lava parkour oh no

Sounds like a cool idea! Sadly, I'm not very skilled at coding, so making something this complex is out of my reach. If it's any consolation, though, I am working on an RPG-themed deathmatch in which players choose between 8 classes that are commonly seen in RPGs, such as Knights, Wizards, Rogues, and Barbarian. It's mainly to complement my Tavern Brawl/Action Melee DM and test out dueling weapons.

On a more relevant note, if anyone so chooses to work on this project, I would
love to compose background music for it, since that's probably my best way of contributing.

riiiiiiiightyo
so I've decided that I'm gonna make it.
Trinick has volunteer'd to code, and Tally's backing me up on the bricks.

-terrain boundry has been made!

i do agree that modders need to start making guis for everything they do. especially more complicated game modes.

no one should have to check a /help or ever memorize a bunch of loving commands to have to type in.

i do agree that modders need to start making guis for everything they do. especially more complicated game modes.

no one should have to check a /help or ever memorize a bunch of loving commands to have to type in.

Paging up and paging down is SO last century.
its 2014 and there are so little GUI mods compared to slashy command ones.

Locking due to actually doing this.
PM me if you're interested in building.
Thread coming soon.