Author Topic: Badspot broke the master server  (Read 8999 times)

My dedicated server is getting DNS Errors

Okay seriously, what the forget.

I was building on my listen server, when all of a sudden "Server Shut down. Authentication failed." So if the player fails authentication once, it just shuts down the server in a snap?

If it says "DEMO", just re-enter your key.
It works for me..

Okay seriously, what the forget.

I was building on my listen server, when all of a sudden "Server Shut down. Authentication failed." So if the player fails authentication once, it just shuts down the server in a snap?
If you're the host, evidently yes.
Regardless yeah, Badspot needs to find some way to protect against this bullstuff.

If you're the host, evidently yes.
Regardless yeah, Badspot needs to find some way to protect against this bullstuff.
Yes. The game should be able to differentiate between the client being denied and the server being forgeted up.

This is getting annoying.
It happened to me over four times within 2 days, and I hardly played the game AT ALL this weekend..

Badspot

• Administrator
Yeah sorry,  the game should not kick you out from an auth error.  I have updated the game to not do this but unfortunately I'm half way through a compatibility breaking update so releasing a quick patch right now would not be ideal.  I have tweaked the cloudflare cache settings to hopefully reduce this problem.

Latest attack came from 74.115.1.186 which is a VPN service but the earlier attack came from 71.206.219.128 which is a comcast IP in Pittsburgh.  

I haven't been having too many problems, I see a lot of other people auth fail though.

Yea my server just started to go down. Really sucks when you have a full server, then it fails and everyone wonders what happened.

How did you find Badspot's server? is there like some kind of a mod I'm missing that I can't find it in the server list?

71.206.219.128 which is a comcast IP in Pittsburgh.  
wow that IP is extremely close to my IP. tell me their address, i'll go beat them up 4 ya :^)
omg so close literally my IP is 71.206.212.106

i've tracked the IP through some different obscure and probably wrong ip tracer websites, and it says it is in west virginia, not pittsburgh.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:23:50 PM by Passta Soup »

wow that IP is extremely close to my IP. tell me their address, i'll go beat them up 4 ya :^)
omg so close literally my IP is 71.206.212.106
I'm going to uber hax you for that.
ty for ip

I never got an auth error on Steam Version though

Well this is strange.
Hopefully cloudflare should now be able to defend this.