Ran my first 5k parkrun today.

Author Topic: Ran my first 5k parkrun today.  (Read 1072 times)

So I ran my first parkrun, which is 5km long. Its the furthest I have ran while against the clock, I placed 76th out of roughly 110 people with a time of 35:56.

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

Great! Running is the best form of quick exercise.

I can agree, im just more of a cyclist than runner.

I have a friend who does 5Ks and 6Ks.  My mom wants me to train for one but I'm not too enthusiastic about it.

I have a friend who does 5Ks and 6Ks.  My mom wants me to train for one but I'm not too enthusiastic about it.
I wasn't till today, just start small with 1-2km and build it up by doing an extra km each week, if you feel your running too far take a km off and build from there. It took me about 2 weeks to get a decent pace sorted and I breezed through the 5k today with very little trouble with having had very little prior experience of the circuit and distance.

i swim and ride my bike alot so :I

I misread "parkrun" as "parkour" and was completely confused. Good job at running though.

i swim and ride my bike alot so :I
You should see me swim. I suck. I had a stroke on my left arm. I can only go like 4 inches per second. 7 inches if lucky.

I misread "parkrun" as "parkour" and was completely confused. Good job at running though.

Oh, I didn't notice it was parkrun until you posted. Thanks.

Jumping rope is actually a better form of exercise than running, not saying running is bad but still

I haven't been running in a long time. Last summer I fell out of running and picked up swimming. With spring upon us I was going to get back into running outside; I can't stand stationary cardio equipment.

You should see me swim. I suck. I had a stroke on my left arm. I can only go like 4 inches per second. 7 inches if lucky.
Are you just like flailing wildly in place?

Heh, I can't swim to save my life.

Jumping rope is actually a better form of exercise than running, not saying running is bad but still
Running just feels more adventurous, and I'm really bad at skipping (jumping ropes).