Author Topic: Monty Python Megathread - Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars...  (Read 1089 times)

Monty Python are a British surreal comedy troupe that formed in 1969 and created the television series Monty Python's Flying Circus. The members include Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and formerly Graham Chapman (now deceased). They have had 3 major theatrical released including Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

Sketches

Monty Python are perhaps most known for their sketches during the 'Circus-era'. Some of their most well known are 'The Parrot Sketch', which has been voted as one if the funniest sketches of all time, 'Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition', which has left a lasting impact on popular culture, being parodied countless times, and 'Silly Job Interview', which is what it says right on the tin.

Films

Monty Python have had three true major motion picture releases in their time.
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - King Arthur (Graham Chapman) recruits a group of honorable knights to endure on a quest for the Holy Grail while avoiding those damn French taunting bastards.
2. Monty Python's Life of Brian - Brian Cohen (Graham Chapman) is born the same day and next door to Jesus, and is mistaken for the Messiah. Hilarity ensues.
3. Monty Python's Meaning of Life - Unlike the other two films, The Meaning of Life returns to the sketch comedy format of the troupe's original television series, loosely structured as a series of comic sketches about the various stages of life.

Gallery

To be added at a later date
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:48:06 AM by Eden »

The Ministry of Silly Walks is one of my favorite sketches of theirs.

title misleading does not contain any snakes named monty

They have had 3 major theatrical released including Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, and Monty Python's Life of Brian.
is this a reference i dont understand

also

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:08:53 AM by Reficul »

this show is my life

And now for something completely different

monty python is the best

it is basically tradition in my family

I just watched The Holy Grail one