Author Topic: Genius weapon suggestion  (Read 2627 times)

are you telling me that the sword is a ridiculous-looking but otherwise completely normal sword

are you telling me that the sword is a ridiculous-looking but otherwise completely normal sword

It'd be better as a toothpick, imo.

That'd make some pretty cool lore for it though. "This sword was forged in the pits of eternal suffering and darkness!... By a blacksmith named Tim."

"This sword was forged in the pits of eternal suffering and darkness!... By a blacksmith named Tim."

"Tim, being the deity of the forge, bestowed the godly weapon upon Archtoruzin, so he may cut the crust off his sandwich."

Er, this type of sword looks like it can't do much damage, at all.

The blades design looks like its rather weak, so it could break easily, and the curve of the blade is unconventional. And lets not forget, it doesn't look like it can cut with anything other than the tip of the blade, the rest of the blade looks like it'd sink into and ensnare itself into flesh, making it difficult to cut through and pull out even due to the curve. But then again this is a weapon suggestions so..
Does it loving matter? just somebody make this for me -_-

Not with that attitude...

Honestly? Yes. You'll find that a lot of people like their weapons to look like it wouldn't snap what you try to cut butter. People are uptight like that, and so they'd rather a weapon that looks both.. effective, and exotic, as you intended this to look.

they also enjoy weapons that are mechanically different then other weapons

'kills more goodly', incidentally, is not a mechanical difference

like on one hand the thing you're describing to us is a sword, and thus- as a melee weapon- is already bottlenecked into having one behavior and that behavior is just 'hit things directly infront of you', maybe the permutation that it reaches longer or shorter then other melee weapons. reaching further you could feasibly futz with swing speed, but that's reaching into a whole other barrel of incomprehensibility and gaps in player-element communication, even without reaching into more esoteric bullstuff like sword beams which- suppose you did decide to go down this path- would mean you'd be describing a normal-ass gun that is not-incredibly-cleverly disguised as a weird looking sword

we would have more to work off of if you didn't just show us a picture of a thing. like we would pose the same response if you were to show us a dumb gun that has a big eyeball on the front instead of a barrel and didn't actually tell us what it was supposed to do beyond 'kill people'

seriously i can't believe you pulled that. thank you for directly insulting the intelligence of everyone who came to your topic in order to see if they could help, that'll learn em
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:50:30 AM by Bushido »

This guy's attitude seriously irks me. Your not entitled to us(them really) making you a sword. If they felt like doing so it would be a favor. That's why they don't want to make some sword, based of off some crap drawing, with the only description being it "kills people".

You tell him Bushi

Every time I come into the Mod Discussion forum I expect this to be moved to suggestions and requests. And it never is.

Also, don't say "I'll put credits," because if someone makes this they would get 99.5% of the credit anyway.

Dear God, you are insufferable.

Mods, don't even bother moving the topic, just lock it and ban him for being a stuffhead...

Jesus that picture is huge.  okay, when you have
Code: [Select]
[img]link[/img]
, change it to
Code: [Select]
[img width=800]link[/img]

You just assured that no one will make this for you.  Gg no re.

We dont have to make this for you at all. Your acting (at least to my understanding) like your bossing us around)