Author Topic: Steam stuck as in-game Blockland  (Read 1253 times)

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Click Processes.
Click Steam.exe (or Steam.exe *32).
Click "End Process".
Confirm that you would like to end the process.

Restart Steam.
I know how to end a process, I'm asking if there's a way to end it without restarting steam.
i get this a lot, and i just open task manager and find the program, and close it.
That's my problem. There is no program to close.

That's my problem. There is no program to close.
The process is called steam.

actually i was talking about the game :o

I have the same exact problem as you right now. The only thing that worked for me is that I reset my computer to a few weeks ago with the system restore thing. I was able to get the game open and play but when I closed it, it got stuck again. Try using the Blockland that's not on steam and put your ID in their. I'm not sure it will work or not because when I tried it, it said authentication failed, ID not found.

What part of "I want to know how to fix this WITHOUT restarting Steam" don't you understand?

Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention is the console that normally opens when starting the game doesn't appear. Maybe it's still running in the background?

I have the same exact problem as you right now. The only thing that worked for me is that I reset my computer to a few weeks ago with the system restore thing. I was able to get the game open and play but when I closed it, it got stuck again. Try using the Blockland that's not on steam and put your ID in their. I'm not sure it will work or not because when I tried it, it said authentication failed, ID not found.
The last thing I want to do is a system restore. Rolling back my PC just to get a game to work isn't worth losing any data I may have gotten during that time. As for using the non-Steam version, I'd rather not. Mostly because I don't like the launcher used with the non-Steam version.

Sorry bud, if you want to get rid of it, restarting Steam's part of the process unless you want an overlay permanently piggybacking on your PC, with no way to get rid of it.
Also, I don't believe the console starts for me either when I run BL through steam, and I don't get this error.

you might want to restart your computer.
This worked. Locking.