Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25680 times)

More frigates arrive and attack the galleys with archers with arrows wrapped in flaming cloth to burn them down.

Troops on the galleys quickly descend into the ships and return upwards as tehy assemble small, mock catapult like constructs and put vases of flammable oils inside, launching them over towards the Frigates as they continues firing back with entorched arrows of their own.

The troops on land continue pushing inland, brigands looting towns and taking salt-wives(concubines) for their captains and own use as they continue trying to seize the lands for their own

The Frigates send troops to board the ships to light fire to the oils inside their ships.
More troopers are sent on land to stop the attackers

Ralekstein information update

Ralekstein is basically your average medieval country.  Their economy is mainly goods based but also includes currency in the city areas, the majority of citizens have a self sustaining household and send their extra goods to nearby trading posts for things they do not have but need for the harsh winters.  They also have a few trade routes to the middle east for luxuries such as spices for the more well off.
Remove the red.  You had not roleplayed this out, nor do you know what the Middle East is, by virtue of Rule 2.

Ralekstein is filled with experienced trappers who have inhrited and created their own techniques.  They also specialize in the art or stone working and masonry.  Recently, the king requested a large outpost in the country with stone walls as a safe and reliable trading post that a could not be raided by small tribes looking to plunder farmers and trappers hard work.

Ralekstein's naval force is small, with two well-protected ports bustling with fishermen.

As for Raleksteins human treatment they are fair, they value life but will punish people by death if they commit a severe crime.

They are open yet reluctant about religions.
Not sure what to think about this.  The age of rationalism has not yet come, so this would be unlikely.

The king loves to hear what his people think and enjoys talking to other leaders, he is usually open to any sort of discussion and welcomes people into his court with a different opinion without penalty.
Best to post this on your nation post with marked changes.

Actually no SWAT, I said I settled iceland before he did, on the 13th of april i said that
You just edited your post today.  I can assume you sent them then, but the only integral information you have is that they arrived this year.  Therefore, they arrived 2 years after Stormemarke's ships did.

Also, by frigates, they'd better be no more technologically advanced than 617 AD.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:20:44 AM by SWAT One »

actually I changed caravels to ships

It's still not an integral post.  I can't accept it unless a few people (about 3) here will attest to you settling then.

The Frigates send troops to board the ships to light fire to the oils inside their ships.
More troopers are sent on land to stop the attackers

When the troops, the very few that would manage, would board the ships, they'd find themselves being brutally attacked by dual-wielding dismounted knights whom seem to be in a berserker state, clearly drugged into an rage as they fight. As the frigates loom by the Galleys, they'd find that the knights on the galleys would also begin boarding the frigates, throwing up hooked ropes as the scale up along the ships and onto the decks while more light weight units such as raiders and brigands swing over on ropes

Troopers on land would find that the Stormemark invaders are also quite good combatants on land than they are on sea, better even as while they are light armed they are brutal and could easily be described as pantherish and a force to be reckoned with.

so you know how i didn't mention how many soldiers boarded and I didn't say what they had? They have Kite-Shields with broadswords and chainmail armor, and it also seems you keep turning the battle to your favor

Well it's not like you could just board the ships without serious trouble.  Stormemark is in no lack of archers, and it is frequently described as a major part of their military in their nation page.

so you know how i didn't mention how many soldiers boarded and I didn't say what they had? They have Kite-Shields with broadswords and chainmail armor, and it also seems you keep turning the battle to your favor

Yeah, I didn't know because you didn't mention, but that doesn't mean like thousands of men will be piling into these ships as it doesn't work like that. Kite-shields seem somewhat big for someone fighting on a naval ship, like it'd weigh them down more than anything but nevertheless, my men usually have hauberks underneath longsleeved tunics and padded leather, and if not hauberks then just the padded leather armor. In terms of arms, they have round shields/bucklers and longswords, the dismounted knights have two sabres and a short-sword, as well as a round shield as they're much heavier units. And I'm not really turning the battle to my favor, I'm just using what I have and addressing the almanac. I'd go on about how you're doing it, but I don't want to start a one-sided argument.

Well it's not like you could just board the ships without serious trouble.  Stormemark is in no lack of archers, and it is frequently described as a major part of their military in their nation page.

Thanks for noticing that bb, took me a while to find images that weren't sugoi fantasy knights with armor twice their size. Pretty much you're getting vases filled with flammable oils hurled at you and archers with flamming arrows shooting at your men /and/ the oil that hits your larger ships.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:40:06 AM by grunterdb1951 »

See what I mean, you are pretty much saying that it WILL hit my ships no matter what, I honestly think there should be a rolling system. and atleast its not like warband where you have 200 troops with tower shields and longsword on small boats

See what I mean, you are pretty much saying that it WILL hit my ships no matter what, I honestly think there should be a rolling system. and atleast its not like warband where you have 200 troops with tower shields and longsword on small boats

Not really, and even if I was I'd be right. Frigates are quite large in comparison to Galleys and it should be a given that at the least most would hit as they'd be reloaded and there wasn't any mention of storms or the sort, and it's not like you can turn your ship 180 degrees in a second, dodging something being deliberately sent towards a large target is difficult. And rolling is gross, completely luck based and combat isn't like that.

Stormlands with faster speeds and overall larger ships start to ram the Stormemark ships

Stormlands with faster speeds and overall larger ships start to ram the Stormemark ships

You realize that the galleys have been encircling your frigates this entire time, and even the ones you sent to assist the others ones would've eventually been caught in the circle. While ramming them /would/ be possible, a frigate will move slower than a galley due to more mass having to be pulled by the winds, and evne then a good amount of them would be on fire. If anything, Stormemark has the faster speeds here, and fast enough to disperse when they see this big flaming hulk of burning wood and men coming towards them

Frigates have larger sails and also what is the wind speed right now, we gotta know from swat

Frigates have larger sails and also what is the wind speed right now, we gotta know from swat

Larger sails sure, but a even larger mass to pull with said sails.