Author Topic: Help me on Trench Digging.  (Read 590 times)

Now, I'm not exactly sure if this belongs here or not, but you can surely guide me with it.

So, I need help with a mod called trench digging. Now, don't go saying "That mod is stuff", if you don't like it, you don't need to contribute to it.

There is a few latency issues with it. Apparently when there is a big brick, (64x64), and you place dirt on it, it lags like hell, like the game freezes for 1.25 seconds when you place it. Also, when you fill a little hole the whole brick kinda just like goes back to place and you fall inside it.

Could you help with these things?

With falling into a brick when filling in holes, this occurs because the brick is sort of "molding" into a larger brick.

It's a method to reduce the brick count, but to do this the brick needs to (sort of) disappear, and respawn itself. In that split second, you fall into the brick. Happens on any Trench server, seriously. I think it's just mostly an engine fault, and something that can't be worked around too well.. But stranger things have happened, and please correct me if I'm wrong!

As for your other problem, I'm not too sure? Trench Digging has a history of poor optimization, simply because of how Blockland runs.

i'm p sure all this is due to a slow computer or connection, depending on the context in which the events are happening

the engine isn't able to do the things quickly enough, so the game lags or falls behind