Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 54465 times)

Does using the raw pastebin still work instead of using GitHub & bitbucket?

Yep, it will work!

Yep, it will work!
Alright sweet, finally got it working. So I made a code that'll help me identify if said add-on got updated; it worked the first time, updated the add-on and everything, so I reverted the file back to it's original state (the non-updated version) and now it won't update again.

EDIT: Console shows nothing, it checked the repository and that's it.

EDIT2: alright now it's not working at all for any of my add-ons. Here's my repository: pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kH7bzkPH
(should also note the download for server_tagchanger is down; but it didn't work when it was up either)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:36:30 PM by Blake1Studios »

What changed between when it worked and when it didn't?

Also, you cannot use mediafire for downloads. That's why I recommend using bitbucket or github.

What changed between when it worked and when it didn't?

Also, you cannot use mediafire for downloads. That's why I recommend using bitbucket or github.
Nothing changed between when it worked and when it didn't.

I'm going to assume mediafire is the problem. I'll find another host.

Should probably note that it updated today. Does it only check the repositories once a day or what?
(it also downloaded the mediafire download too)

Should probably note that it updated today. Does it only check the repositories once a day or what?
It depends on what the player has it set to. You can either have it set to check every desired amount of days or whenever Blockland starts up(0 days).

It depends on what the player has it set to. You can either have it set to check every desired amount of days or whenever Blockland starts up(0 days).
Oh I never knew this existed. Where can I change this setting?

EDIT: Found it. $Pref::Updater::QueryInterval = "0";
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:43:36 PM by Blake1Studios »

Oh I never knew this existed. Where can I change this setting?

EDIT: Found it. $Pref::Updater::QueryInterval = "0";
There's a GUI to change it too.

There's a GUI to change it too.
I haven't been able to find the GUI.

I haven't been able to find the GUI.
Dunno if there's no user friendly way to open it without there being an update to something.

canvas.pushDialog(updaterDlg);

I want to put an options button somewhere but there's really no good places to put it.

I want to put an options button somewhere but there's really no good places to put it.

How 'bout next to your slayer button?

Love the mod btw

Is there any way to just have it pop up the first time you go to the main menu for the day? I prefer it to just be a once a day thing rather than whenever I start up BL, but it's pretty rude when it pops up in the middle of action.

Edit: Also a good place would be in the network tab.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:09:52 PM by Shift Kitty »