Poll

If someone bumped a thread, whats your reaction?(9 votes maximum, godamn it.)

Okay with it
33 (11%)
Its as acceptable as carrying around a dead body in the first Deus Ex right infront of a cop!(Same thing as "Okay with it")
30 (10%)
Meh.
29 (9.7%)
Don't agree
23 (7.7%)
The work of Satan.
27 (9%)
Worse than X.
22 (7.4%)
Nobody cares the slightest if you bump.
26 (8.7%)
Okay as long as its not overdone
43 (14.4%)
How do I make a poll with multiple options and votes? I'm handicapped and can't read, so I have no idea how to make my poll have multiple selectable options.
26 (8.7%)
How long has the thread been dead?
40 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Opinion on bumping a thread?  (Read 1231 times)

bumping a topic by saying "bump" or something like that, no
but if you're contributing something to the topic when you do it, then of course there's nothing wrong

bumping a topic by saying "bump" or something like that, no
but if you're contributing something to the topic when you do it, then of course there's nothing wrong
I think this is acceptable if you're the OP of the topic and you're asking for help in it, so long as you've given enough time (a few hours and it's slipped down a page or so).

It's nice to say something more though.

The issue is people bumping things without adding anything because they fail to realise that the topic is uninteresting and no one has anything or worth to add.

What the poll should have said:  "Do you think bumping a thread is Ok?"  Yes / No
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:30:29 PM by Wink »

i don't see anything wrong with bringing up an old thread to discuss something. you guys act like there are guidelines and standards to follow for bumping threads, but have no problem keeping the front page of off-topic filled with 10 forum games. talk about trying to keep old discussions alive. how many times can you 'review' someone's avatar/sig. forum culture is so egocentric, it's really lame.

I'm fine when:
A) There's a valid reason, such as stuffty timing (posts right before people go to bed tend to die quickly)
B) You're adding to the thread or if it's an add-on or gallery post
C) The thread died without closure; people clearly cared, but it just had the misfortune of falling behind the first page

But never when:
A) This is the third or greater time you've had to bump it
B) It's pretty clear nobody gives a stuff
C) The main problem/topic/whatever of the thread has been solved

Also, for forgets sake, have a poll with two options: Yes, and No. And maybe Indifferent.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:59:05 PM by TristanLuigi »