Author Topic: Freinds and other people can't join server....  (Read 3309 times)

Exactly....It will just stay loading forever and after a while it will just say it's taking too long

Go to applications and search for the "Network Utility"

It should look something like this

Either post a screenshot of it, or tell us what numbers it shows next to the "default" field.

No edit:

You need to click on the Netstat tab.

It doesn't show anything....

Did you click the netstat button?

Type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar instead of 192.168.1.1

Once that has loaded, a username and password prompt should appear, you should use the instructions I linked on the previous page to figure out your router's default login information.

Pecon I have a IMac and it's not port forwarded and I've hosted before. You just have to have one player get in easy like they have to try a few times you don't need to port forward. And if all else fails, hamachi. And portforwarded a IMac is impossible if you don't have ethernet so you need to get a ethernet cord, because most IMacs are wireless.

Pecon I have a IMac and it's not port forwarded and I've hosted before. You just have to have one player get in easy like they have to try a few times you don't need to port forward. And if all else fails, hamachi. And portforwarded a IMac is impossible if you don't have ethernet so you need to get a ethernet cord, because most IMacs are wireless.
This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Ignore him.
  • If you can host without port forwarding then your router has uPnP enabled.
  • If you don't forward the port and don't have uPnP enabled it is nt possible for a player to connect at all.
  • Trying multiple times won't fix that.
  • Blockland will refuse to join LAN servers if the LAN interface is hamachi.
  • Port forwarding is done on your router, not your computer. Whether you use wifi or not does not matter.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Ignore him.
  • If you can host without port forwarding then your router has uPnP enabled.
  • If you don't forward the port and don't have uPnP enabled it is nt possible for a player to connect at all.
  • Trying multiple times won't fix that.
  • Blockland will refuse to join LAN servers if the LAN interface is hamachi.
  • Port forwarding is done on your router, not your computer. Whether you use wifi or not does not matter.

I know it's done on the router but IMacs are connectected wirelessly they need ethernet enabled and before I'd always try and host. I didn't know about the hamachi and your right about the uPnP We switched routers recently and I forgot about that. But basically you need to be connected to ethernet to port forward your router or it won't work. I have tried in the past but my ethernet cord was broken.

I know it's done on the router but IMacs are connectected wirelessly they need ethernet enabled and before I'd always try and host. I didn't know about the hamachi and your right about the uPnP We switched routers recently and I forgot about that. But basically you need to be connected to ethernet to port forward your router or it won't work. I have tried in the past but my ethernet cord was broken.
You can also forward ports to computers connected via wifi.

You can also forward ports to computers connected via wifi.

Odd not by my own experience I googled it and everything but it might just be me, not a simple subject anyways.

That's what I'm saying,I have hosted and players could join me....once again...it might be the uPnP...