United States of Peekarica [DEVELOPMENT]

Author Topic: United States of Peekarica [DEVELOPMENT]  (Read 1221 times)

Description
For the past seven months I have been working on my own city in Blockland, in private. The idea came from Sylvanor's Seattle Default City. The entire map is made out of 40k bricks and I am planning to expand the map with villages, mountains and another large great city. I have chosen to make it small because most of the map will never be used by people when it is used in servers.

This entire project was build by me and I just had to built it. I have never built a big city before and this is the first and largest one I've ever made.

Creators
Antares, BL_ID 6979

Screenshots

I am planning to finish off the first city, then the village Viano in the mountains and then the beaches around the island. Then I'll expand the island. I don't need any help at the moment.

Wow, that looks pretty darn good!

looking nice so far
Thanks! You can still see what was built first, the roads will be replaced soon with newer and wider roads.

@Georges
Thanks!

Try to go for more diagonal roads. Those 90 deg turns would be infuriating to drive through.

What bricks are you using?  Colorset?

What bricks are you using?  Colorset?
Default bricks, default colorset.

Try to go for more diagonal roads. Those 90 deg turns would be infuriating to drive through.
I do agree with this.

Already said in the comment above yours that I would replace the roads with wider roads. I was building the diagonal roads two days ago near the small village, but every time it didn't match. That's the reason I planted it simple there temporarily.

PLEASE make the roads in the bottom right realistic (I will help if needed)
good job, I'd love to see this in the server.

edit:
also, colour the roads a dark grey, not black.
and work on your trees
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:34:10 PM by eldruF »

that beach is pretty horrendous, just looks like a cookie cutter replica of seattle.

Oh I remember seeing something about Peekarica a while ago

Oh I remember seeing something about Peekarica a while ago
It's an old thing.  Had a part in the OOOLLLD nation RPs iirc.