Author Topic: Tuevon's Floating Islands [WIP Server] (OFFLINE)  (Read 2706 times)

Floating Islands
(Old topic here)

What is this server?

This server, in its end result, is meant to be a cross between an RP and a DM where users can create their own factions and alliances.  Currently, there are (last time I checked) 11 floating islands, though two of these forms a single larger bloc with a planned town to be sandwiched between them.

What does it look like?

(Click for full size, hover for description.)

Is there a backstory?

Sure is!

Over a century ago, the Earth, united as the Terran Empire, has placed multiple colonies across the Sol System.  The Federation of Mars, and the United Satellites of Jupiter led a fight in rebellion from the Terran Empire.  The Terran Empire didn't lose, but found that the war was too costly to continue, and so, the Federation of Mars, the United Satellites of Jupiter, and the Saturn Colonies split from the Terran Empire, however, still relied on trade.

Some years later, domestic conflicts in the FoM were found to be Terran espionage.  This led to diplomatic tension and later to war.  During this war, sleeper agents of the FoM engaged in Operation: Hercules.  This operation was to destroy a device in Terran production, called the Gravel-maker.  The Gravel-maker was an explosive device that would blow up entire planets, but combine the core of the planet along with the Gravel-maker itself to create an unusual field that would keep debris in relatively the same area.  The FoM knew of this device, but suspected it was a weapon to be used against Mars.

In attempt to dismantle it, the agents detonated it, and consequently, it separated the Earth into billions of floating blocs suspended in the air.  The Terran Empire tried to keep order during this chaos, but collapsed.  There were several unforseen consequences.  First, the other planetary empires could no longer support themselves, and died out.  Second, many resources became very precious, including vital resources such as water.  Third, the world has been thrown into a dark ages and is now full of travelers and pirate gangs.

Over a century later, little has changed.

What's happening right now?

The server is still WIP, and currently, there are only two established builders, that being myself and sos339.

How can I help?

We are in need of builders who can build in this style, or in styles very similar to this.  Ideas for more islands are also helpful, as is any support you may give.

If you would like to join the project team, fill out a quick little application here:
Code: [Select]
[b]IGN:  [/b]
[b]BL_ID:  [/b]
[b]Building experience:  [/b]
[b]Recommendations (at least 3):  [/b]

We also have a Steam Dev/Production Group for updates etc.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:52:12 PM by SWAT One »

everyone knows terran =

Please don't spam on my topic.

this topic is off to a good start

use blimps and make it so that fortresses and towns are heavily customized to their clan and power
for example, flags all over the place, that change depending on who owns it, and libraries that turn into armories when a more militaristic nation takes over

this topic is off to a good start

use blimps and make it so that fortresses and towns are heavily customized to their clan and power
for example, flags all over the place, that change depending on who owns it, and libraries that turn into armories when a more militaristic nation takes over
I thought of that, but I was thinking that since the world is in a state of disorder, the mindset would be closer to "Every man for himself", and be closer to a survival server, where players can travel about, but not interact too dramatically with the map.

Visited the server2 days ago, from what I saw it looked ok. I suggested this then and I'll suggest it again; make your own trees instead of using elms trees. It would look loads better.

swat can't make trees

swat is good using those trees though. I've seen him making amazing pictureworthy stuff. He's epic ;)

Visited the server2 days ago, from what I saw it looked ok. I suggested this then and I'll suggest it again; make your own trees instead of using elms trees. It would look loads better.
Okay, are you saying,
1)  that I make my own bricks?
2)  that I custom-build my trees?

1.  I don't know stuff about making bricks.
2.  There will be very many islands, and I want to make it as user-friendly as possible by keeping the brickcount down.  It's either hundreds of bricks per tree or just one.

Server is going up now.  Be sure to swing by!

It looks very nice even tough it WIP. The vehicle mechanics forget it a bit up, but its awesome!
I hope this will be done soon!

It's now 6:35 AM and overnight, I finished most of the Skyport on the Skyport City Bloc.  Still needs aesthetics and some controls fore the plane hangar.  Indicator lights would also be nice, and are planned.

Sos339 has started work on a secret project that will be known as soon as someone has the means to find it.

Also progressed in putting a table in the radio tower at Airstrip Bloc.  On the table is a phone, a radio transponder, wires and a microphone.

Server will be up while I sleep.  In case of internet or computer problems, the server may shut off.

Dev/Production Community Group on Steam!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:39:04 AM by SWAT One »