Server TimeOut x4

Author Topic: Server TimeOut x4  (Read 1460 times)

This is bothering me quite a bit

I've just lagged out of Pecon's Boss Battles, Badspot's Speedkart, Zix's Randomized DM and some other server that's now down
5 seconds after joining Speedkart, a few were complaining of lag then half the server left, and people were also complaining about lag in Zix's, so I don't think it's just me.
I've also noticed that I end up with the Sending Punch Packet spam while trying to join a few other servers.

I've done a speed test and it all seems fine. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

HammerHost just went down, along with other servers.

Could this be...

A Possible DDoS?

HammerHost just went down, along with other servers.

Could this be...

A Possible DDoS?

Don't stirr this stuff up again. We just don't complain about it, the trolls / ddosers want attention.

Which ones?

Pecon's Boss Battles, Badspot's Speedkart, Zix's Randomized DM and some other server that's now down

Majority of what he said.

Which ones?
just ones here-and-there
didn't take note of them

a few were complaining of lag then half the server left, and people were also complaining about lag in Zix's,
If there was lag yet the players were able to send chat messages about lag, it looks like the attacker only has 100 Mbps of bandwidth and may be trying to spread out his attack.
But I can tell you right now that at least 55 Mbps is targeted towards HammerHost.

can't badspot put that anti-ddoss thing on the master server like on the forums or would that not work?

These things are getting so damn annoying..

can't badspot put that anti-ddoss thing on the master server like on the forums or would that not work?

This is totally unrelated. Anyway, the master server is already protected.

This is totally unrelated. Anyway, the master server is already protected.
Obviously not very well.

its happening again

oh god

STENDEC, STENDEC
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:39:47 PM by Score² »

Obviously not very well.
The master server being protected from ddos attacks does not affect your server at all.

The master server being protected from ddos attacks does not affect your server at all.
Put DDoS protection in the default game so servers will download it? Or am I being a massive handicap?

Put DDoS protection in the default game so servers will download it? Or am I being a massive handicap?
That'd be a massive file and I'm pretty sure that'd be distributing the program illegally, unless I'm wrong.