So I'm trying to buy this car I found in the woods.

Author Topic: So I'm trying to buy this car I found in the woods.  (Read 3274 times)

how buy abandoned car

You're never gonna get the car.  You can't just take it because if you ever wanna register or drive it you'll need a title on it. If it's been sitting for over 30 years it's also probably so far gone that in order to restore it you'll be pretty much building a new car. I imagine every single body panel is ruined, any rubber and wires are ruined, the engine might be able to be fixed. It's pretty likely the frame is ruined. There's most likely a reason it was left in the woods to rot also.

You're never gonna get the car.  You can't just take it because if you ever wanna register or drive it you'll need a title on it. If it's been sitting for over 30 years it's also probably so far gone that in order to restore it you'll be pretty much building a new car. I imagine every single body panel is ruined, any rubber and wires are ruined, the engine might be able to be fixed. It's pretty likely the frame is ruined. There's most likely a reason it was left in the woods to rot also.

It's in the middle of the loving woods and its in actually pretty good shape for this year. Not too much visible rust. Havent checked floor pans, oh dear god lol. Only got one picture. Will be getting more tomorrow. I'll update you guys on my progress.

The 'body panels' i guess you call them are in good shape. The frame? lol its been sitting in the woods not strattling a log in a tropical rainforest. its not as bad as you think, just because it hasnt been driven since 77 doesnt mean its beyond all repair. Have you ever restored an old car? Surely you know about this kind of deal.

I have a friend who buys bad condition cars, restores them, and then re-sells them for more money.  I think his most recent was a '71 Volkswagen Beetle.

is am do

better than an el camino at least

depends what for lol

show us some more pictures of the car

I will tomorrow, if I head that way.

OKAY GUYS I have found, using google maps, someones house nearby it. omgomgomgomg imma get it

the 'car' location is just referring to the general location of the coronet.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:47:17 PM by EazyE »

steal it.

harder than you think lmao and the aftermath of doing so is just another adventure

How the hell did you find it? Damn, you lucky son.

How the hell did you find it? Damn, you lucky son.

orienteering practice with my ROTC unit lmao