Author Topic: i think my school might have pirated windows 7  (Read 1107 times)

now if the IT department didn't actually use a KVM copy, then how the forget do they even have a job.
stuff IT departments are more common than you think.

stuff IT departments are more common than you think.

i've never ran into one, that's prolly why.

Did you check on the computer for the Microsoft label+windows code

No, the school probably bought windows but the tech support didn't actually bother to enter the keys.  If you install off the disk but don't enter the key, it will show the message "windows is not genuine" until you do.

my school has windows 7 enterprise so that would go with a educated bundle. our school systems are pretty good in comparison to most school intranets in the UK

the computers in my school only show up the not genuine when it's not connected to the internet to validate the licences. same for the office products on the computer systems

i dunno i don't think they have a bad IT department because i mean they managed to make everything on the computer unaccessable besides things students need, for example you can't change the desktop background or even open the control panel.

i dunno i don't think they have a bad IT department because i mean they managed to make everything on the computer unaccessable besides things students need, for example you can't change the desktop background or even open the control panel.
on the computers at my school you can't use task manager. it really sucks in engineering because sometimes the program we use for modeling crashes and you can't tab out to another window so you just have to restart.

our web filter is godawful though. i can't access my image hosting site because it's listed as "spyware/malware" and i can't do a lot of research on things like video games because it blocks everything that mentions gaming. also, they blocked youtube because it was "slowing down the internet at the elementary schools." that really sucks because a lot of the teachers have youtube stuff that they want to show us as a part of their lessons but it's blocked.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:55:45 PM by carolcat »

be happy you have windows 7
ours uses windows xp that looks like loving windows 98

on the computers at my school you can't use task manager. it really sucks in engineering because sometimes the program we use for modeling crashes and you can't tab out to another window so you just have to restart.

our web filter is godawful though. i can't access my image hosting site because it's listed as "spyware/malware" and i can't do a lot of research on things like video games because it blocks everything that mentions gaming. also, they blocked youtube because it was "slowing down the internet at the elementary schools." that really sucks because a lot of the teachers have youtube stuff that they want to show us as a part of their lessons but it's blocked.
Solution: VPN/proxy.
At my school they block all programs under "Accessories" (like snipping tool, paint, sound recorder, calculator, etc.). However, you can go to the C:\Windows\System32\ folder and it works.

But the IT guys somehow forgot to ban Windows Powershell! It's like command prompt except has more commands. Plus, you can evade all blocks by simply starting up Teamviewer and remote-desktoping to your home computer. How nice is that??
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:20:29 PM by Hammereditor5 »

My HS did this, I just used process explorer. It's basically an advanced version of task manager. And it's a stand-alone program, so I just kept it on a flash drive and ran it when I needed

i once walked into the grade 3 classroom at lunch in my school
with a smartboard, they were searching "wreck it ralph free movie" on bing

i once walked into the grade 3 classroom at lunch in my school
with a smartboard, they were searching "wreck it ralph free movie" on bing
oh wow