Author Topic: HttpObjects  (Read 2475 times)

Alright I have my friend doing all the web coding for my project (which is discussed in "finding the location of an executed file"). Now I need to know how to use Http TcpObjects. So variables are sent to the server by myurl.com?myvar=blah How would I specify that. Also when the server gets the data it will display text onscreen. How would I use that? Basically I need a bunch of help with Http TcpObjects.
Thanks!
please don't flame me

You're looking for a TCPObject.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:49:56 PM by RarwMuffinz »

You're looking for a TCPObject.

ex.

Code: [Select]
new TCPObject(MyTCP);

//Connect to the site
MyTCP.connect("example.com:80");

function MyTCP::onConnected(%this)
{
//Send the request headers
downloadTCP.send("GET /index.html HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: example.com\r\n");
}

function MyTCP::onLine(%this, %line)
{
//do stuff when line is recieved
echo(%line);
}

received** w/e

-snipity-

Can I add-on to "index.html" the "?myvar=blah" part? I hear the function is very picky.

Can I add-on to "index.html" the "?myvar=blah" part? I hear the function is very picky.
Yes, you can.

One more thing, how to I implement multiple variables in a url. Eg "?Myvar1=blah" and "?Myvar2=blah2" in the same url.

Great to know I can always count on other peoples intellect! Thanks everyone I got what I need. Now to make a beta and wait for the encryption method to be made!

Now to make a beta and wait for the encryption method to be made!
remind me again what you're trying to do
it has something to do with auth keys, encryption, and remote servers
uh. yeah, what are you doing again?

oh look you're doing exactly what i think you're doing

stop doing that, wait until you get some symmetric encryption algorithm

don't even tempt yourself

we always get a thread related to httpobjects and tcpobjects

could someone like give an in-depth guide as to how they work and how one could implement it into their code?

we always get a thread related to httpobjects and tcpobjects

could someone like give an in-depth guide as to how they work and how one could implement it into their code?

This is it.

oh look you're doing exactly what i think you're doing

stop doing that, wait until you get some symmetric encryption algorithm

don't even tempt yourself

I'm making the steps leading up to the algorithm and the sending/receiving of the encrypted code.

Can you use TCPObjects/HTTPObjects with 3rd party web hosters (Eg wix or weebly)?