Is this a good laptop?

Author Topic: Is this a good laptop?  (Read 705 times)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ASUS-X102BA-BH41T-Touchscreen-Laptop-Black/productID.288728900

My old laptop broke yesterday and I wanted to get a Windows 8 one so I could dual boot it with Manjaro Linux. I noticed that this one was $150 off and it was a touchscreen laptop. Is this one worth the price it's at?

But then again, not so great to be a gaming computer.

Well, the CPU isn't that great unless it's like quad or six core, but it's ok for the price.

If you're OK with 2gb RAM and 320GB hard drive, then you're fine. Though you won't be able to play very good games on it.
It'll be fine if you're just using it for school work and browsing the web.

No. But if that's your budget, that's probably as good as it gets.

Processor: AMD A4-1200 1.00 GHz
uhh-huuuuh...

Memory: 2GB DDR3L 1066 MHz
hmmm...

is this by chance for your grandmother to browse facebook

Well, the CPU isn't that great unless it's like quad or six core, but it's ok for the price.
i don't want it for gaming. I just want to make sure that the CPU can handle Windows 8 without lagging.

If you're OK with 2gb RAM and 320GB hard drive, then you're fine. Though you won't be able to play very good games on it.
It'll be fine if you're just using it for school work and browsing the web.
Exactly why I want it. I use my dad's computer for games.

If it doesn't have enough ram then I'll add swap.

i don't want it for gaming. I just want to make sure that the CPU can handle Windows 8 without lagging.
Oh then it'll do fine.

But if you wanted a sorta gaming laptop, I would recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231083
Asus K55N-DB81

That's out of stock.

Question: can it play small stuff like emulators?

If it doesn't have enough ram then I'll add swap.
VSWAP RAM is only for VPS's.

VSWAP RAM is only for VPS's.
Um. No actually. Swap is a partition that acts as ram.

Question: can it play small stuff like emulators?
If your talking about the one with the crappy CPU then it depends on the emulator

If your talking about the one with the crappy CPU then it depends on the emulator
Genesis, snes, gba, etc.