Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 222561 times)

while trogs is superior I fixed mine anyway

you know i thought about that too but since most vowels sound off with it
(sliyer,  sloyer, sluyer) that only leads to two that actually sound without getting tongue tied (slayer and sleyer)

which sleyer doesn't even look like a word

I like that. I like that a lot.

edit: People might be confused about what letter the skull is replacing, though.. Hm.
It's doubtful the logo will be the first they hear of the mod. More likely it'll be the topic title.

My concern is that the designs, and even the name, don't really capture what the mod does. Lotta them make it look like Slayer is a killing floor clone or something. Question is how you convey that's a system for customizable game modes through the logo.

gonna admit, i did like the way czar did his so i copied it but used a bit of the stuff i normally do to make this kinda stuff

-logosnip-
This one is very good.

i asked one of my friends (ill try to ask more) of what they think it says.

they dont play blockland

not really a logo but more of an asset for one that i quickly made

i asked one of my friends (ill try to ask more) of what they think it says.

they dont play blockland

well obviously, the only word containing "sl_yer" is slayer
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:39:35 PM by Freek »

My concern is that the designs, and even the name, don't really capture what the mod does. Lotta them make it look like Slayer is a killing floor clone or something. Question is how you convey that's a system for customizable game modes through the logo.

The "Slayer" name has been a concern of mine for quite a while but I feel like it's much too late to change it now. It would be very difficult to re-brand it when everyone knows it as Slayer.

heres an actual icon (i actually traced it because I dont have anti aliasing in blockland) if you need it for other things

(almost 900 in actual size)

The "Slayer" name has been a concern of mine for quite a while but I feel like it's much too late to change it now. It would be very difficult to re-brand it when everyone knows it as Slayer.
I personally like the name Slayer, it shows simplicity

On the topic of that, literally every time I read the word "Slayer" in this topic, I read it in the voice of the narrator from the Halo.

Yeah, same problem RTB had, though in this case the logo presents an opportunity to sorta head back in the right direction. Should go for a logo that fits the purpose of the mod, not the name of it. All these red violent looking skulls and swords fit the name Slayer alright but they don't communicate anything about the mod. If nothing else, should at least be able to work the phrase "Gamemode System" or something into the logo.

When Slayer first came out, it took me a bit to actually figure out what it was. So I didn't download it for a while.