What happens if a Blockhead's name is already taken?

Author Topic: What happens if a Blockhead's name is already taken?  (Read 1477 times)

Let's say that someone buys Blockland and their ID is 103954. Naturally there Blockhead name would be Blockhead103954. But what if that name is already taken? What would the game to to fix that situation?

skips to the next number

the blockhead with ID 103954 would be called blockhead103955

Seems like it would cause a horrible confusion in names if that's the case.

Seems like it would cause a horrible confusion in names if that's the case.
I'd imagine that someone would change their name Blockhead 132045 to something else like uhh "Jimmy Dean" to break such a thing. I mean I don't think the next 1000 people would all be in on it and keep their usernames all displaced like that.

Except it would and that's already the case

iirc there already is a mayor gap

BLID 123456 would be Blockhead123457 because somebody took a Blockhead name and caused it all to offset by one used name.

iirc there already is a mayor gap
why did we elect that guy again?

what if instead of actually getting 10k users
morons kept getting the ID's to skip numbers

what if instead of actually getting 10k users
morons kept getting the ID's to skip numbers
ID's skip by themselves, anyway. All the time.

Wouldn't it be easier if the thing just didn't allow people to use the name Blockhead#### unless #### was their own ID? I've also seen cases where someone with ID 5432 is using the name Blockhead45678, and while I could never figure out why on earth anyone would want to do that, this would clear up confusion there too.

I helped forget over the numbers a while back.
It was fun to increase the gap even more.

It was more or less just for fun, it's not like it legitimately affects anything.

Wouldn't it be easier if the thing just didn't allow people to use the name Blockhead#### unless #### was their own ID? I've also seen cases where someone with ID 5432 is using the name Blockhead45678, and while I could never figure out why on earth anyone would want to do that, this would clear up confusion there too.
I did Blockhead 100784 to trick people we reached 100k once. XD