Poll

What should it be called?

Haven Island
Vacation Island
Happiness Island
Kobble Island (Cove is not another name for island)
Terrainia (Island)
Other (Post more)

Author Topic: Kobble Island (Done!)  (Read 12072 times)

I made a large island taking inspiration from GSF Paradise.
It still needs some work doing to it, but once it is done I will release it.

Overview of Island:

(this is actually 7 images photoshopped together, the island can't be seen all in one go)

Closeups (outdated):

Poll says island should be called "Kobble Island" so that's what the save file will be, but you can call it whatever.

DOWNLOAD

Only necessary bricks are the detail tree bricks. (Is there a forum topic for these? I couldn't find it by searching.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:19:21 AM by kobble »

Looks pretty good, but one thing I could see that could use some improvement is the tree placement. You have tons of trees in one place, and it looks kinda bad with just a huge clump of trees, then a huge open space. Plus, Give it some other kind of tree, islands aren't all palm trees, nor should there be that many palm trees that far inland, I think.

Overall, though, it looks quite nice!

I like it's simplicity, but I just don't like how boxy those buildings are.

Not bad, the boxy builds match the whole thing. Low bricks is the key of success!

Low bricks is the key of success!
i find this rather ironic

Looks pretty good, but one thing I could see that could use some improvement is the tree placement. You have tons of trees in one place, and it looks kinda bad with just a huge clump of trees, then a huge open space. Plus, Give it some other kind of tree, islands aren't all palm trees, nor should there be that many palm trees that far inland, I think.

Overall, though, it looks quite nice!
Actually trees tend to grow in small circle groupings in small populated areas, a farmer will plant one to three trees feet away from each other and eventually they will grow out into groups. They may look weird but I assure you, its realistic.

I really like it, I think this map has lots of playability and would love to see it turn into an RPG/mature RP.

Actually trees tend to grow in small circle groupings in small populated areas, a farmer will plant one to three trees feet away from each other and eventually they will grow out into groups. They may look weird but I assure you, its realistic.

I really like it, I think this map has lots of playability and would love to see it turn into an RPG/mature RP.
Hmm, Ok.

Just like GSF!

This is how we should bring maps back!

i find this rather ironic

you dont even know what im talking about. pff.

I like it so far, keep going!

Reminds me of that one survival server hosted not too long ago
can't recall the host

The outer edges of the island need smoothing, use the diagonal ramp print bricks for that.
Other than the sharp edges, this looks pretty solid.

maybe im trippin but this looks so familiar... herecy maybe?

idk i just feel like ive seen this before. its probably nothing tho, looks good!