Author Topic: Server_VIPMOD  (Read 1031 times)

Ow.  My eyes hurt and I need to sleep.  Stayed up till one last night and got up at six.............

I made a VIP mod.  I'm not the first I don't think...  Anyhoe I did it in one sitting and the initial test worked out fine.  I thought I'd release it here to see if there are any glaring mistakes I've made.  Any ways to glitch it up.

Eeeh, here are the commands involved.

/makevip targetname auto targetblid
/removevip target removeauto targetblid
/addvip blid

makevip(%clientnum,%auto)
removevip(%clientnum, %auto, %clientblid)
addvip(%blid)

Output -> ifVIP
Input -> onVIPTrue
Input -> onVIPFalse

You only need the target or the targetblid.  But both is fine.
Auto defaults to 1.
The events are stolen from an early version of VCE.

Here's a link to mediafire. link
Or you can download it as an attachment if you don't wanna bother with teh zips.

whats so special about this one

what does this do anyways

How is this any different than the others?

I've never understood why people want extra special positions on their servers that mock admin status. It does not benefit the server at all and is literally a pointless extra datablock to make other "special" users feel above the rest of the crowd. If you are going to give out special positions on your server think about this: Do I trust this person enough to give them admin? If the answer is no, then they should not be given any other special things (ie mod or VIP). A good administrator does not need a "Test" in order to prove themselves a worthy admin, their actions as a regular user should more then demonstrate their abilities to act in the correct manner to administrate a server. This is just another way for hosts to put their friends above other people who might like the server just as much as them.

I've never understood why people want extra special positions on their servers that mock admin status. It does not benefit the server at all and is literally a pointless extra datablock to make other "special" users feel above the rest of the crowd. If you are going to give out special positions on your server think about this: Do I trust this person enough to give them admin? If the answer is no, then they should not be given any other special things (ie mod or VIP). A good administrator does not need a "Test" in order to prove themselves a worthy admin, their actions as a regular user should more then demonstrate their abilities to act in the correct manner to administrate a server. This is just another way for hosts to put their friends above other people who might like the server just as much as them.
This makes datablocks?

I think a mod like this would be useful if you have friends who are irresponsible.  So like, I have friends that I have known for years, and I would trust with admin.  But then I have another group of other friends who basically just like to richard around and screw things up.  They're entertaining and fun to hang out with, but I would by no means want them to have any extra power on my server.  But they're still special, and I'd like them to feel that way, so- VIP.  It literally means "Very Important Person".

Super Admin is for the guy who helped you set up the server and knows just as much or more than you.
Admin is for the people you trust to keep things running smoothly.
Moderator is for the people you don't trust yet, but who expressed an interest in helping things run smoothly.
VIP is for the people who you think are important, but you wouldn't trust them to bring you a can of soda without shaking it up first.

A VIP mod just adds an extra level of recognition.

If you wanted to add extra levels of power, I highly suggest the permissions mod.  The last time I checked the ui was still kind of clunky, but other than that it works perfectly.

I think a mod like this would be useful if you have friends who are irresponsible.  So like, I have friends that I have known for years, and I would trust with admin.  But then I have another group of other friends who basically just like to richard around and screw things up.  They're entertaining and fun to hang out with, but I would by no means want them to have any extra power on my server.  But they're still special, and I'd like them to feel that way, so- VIP.  It literally means "Very Important Person".

Super Admin is for the guy who helped you set up the server and knows just as much or more than you.
Admin is for the people you trust to keep things running smoothly.
Moderator is for the people you don't trust yet, but who expressed an interest in helping things run smoothly.
VIP is for the people who you think are important, but you wouldn't trust them to bring you a can of soda without shaking it up first.

A VIP mod just adds an extra level of recognition.

If you wanted to add extra levels of power, I highly suggest the permissions mod.  The last time I checked the ui was still kind of clunky, but other than that it works perfectly.
i kinda understand what you're getting at, and i could see how the mod could be used for people who donate to the server or something. But how can you trust people not to abuse VIP status if you cant even trust them enough to let then administrate your server while you are away?

This makes datablocks?
No.
i kinda understand what you're getting at, and i could see how the mod could be used for people who donate to the server or something. But how can you trust people not to abuse VIP status if you cant even trust them enough to let then administrate your server while you are away?
That's the thing. There usually isn't ever anything for VIPs to abuse. Usually VIPs just get access to a cool lounge or a couple extra weapons or something.