Author Topic: PC spec decision  (Read 5639 times)

god damnit if I had the money I'd snipe that from you myself, that's an insane deal

well not really but I'd be seriously tempted to

you'll probably want to get rid of W8 though, there's really no point to it unless you have a touch screen and W7 Pro outperforms it in every way
Ugh. That is opinion pure and simple. Windows 8 by its standard considerably more efficient in resource management compared to windows 7. You can use windows 8 just as effectively as 7 with a keyboard and mouse; I would know I do it everyday.

lower res would bump the fps a lot more then that tiny bit of added gpu model would have.
Agreed, but the jump from the 750 to 765 is no small jump.
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-765M-vs-GeForce-GT-750M

Ugh. That is opinion pure and simple. Windows 8 by its standard considerably more efficient in resource management compared to windows 7. You can use windows 8 just as effectively as 7 with a keyboard and mouse; I would know I do it everyday.

I've used both Windows 7 and Windows 8 extensively. Windows 8 beats Windows 7 in speed any day.

I've been shopping for four straight days. I know what's out there at the moment. :(

I've been shopping for four straight days. I know what's out there at the moment. :(
When are you going to be deployed, just in case it goes back in stock

I have a month or so

I'll probably get a lenovo with 750m SLI now. I almost did before.

Before that guy says no to lenovo, I see good ratings on them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:25:51 PM by Bones4 »


That's actually the model I was referring to lol

Thank you

That's actually the model I was referring to lol

Thank you
Oh. Well yea, go for it. It's honestly a pretty nice Laptop.

I've used both Windows 7 and Windows 8 extensively. Windows 8 beats Windows 7 in speed any day.
bullstuff

I have W7 pro and W8 pro installed dual-boot on my laptop, W8 is a forget of a lot slower

its also really unstable, explorer crashes all the time

Oh. Well yea, go for it. It's honestly a pretty nice Laptop.
have fun with that, its strictly worse in specs than the MSI and its $200 more

bullstuff

I have W7 pro and W8 pro installed dual-boot on my laptop, W8 is a forget of a lot slower

its also really unstable, explorer crashes all the time

You managed to completely forget up your W8 install. Great job.
Explorer has never crashed in 2 years on W8 for me.

bullstuff

I have W7 pro and W8 pro installed dual-boot on my laptop, W8 is a forget of a lot slower

its also really unstable, explorer crashes all the time
have fun with that, its strictly worse in specs than the MSI and its $200 more

Bro, the MSI sold. I can get the Lenovo with 750m SLI for the same price.

You managed to completely forget up your W8 install. Great job.
Explorer has never crashed in 2 years on W8 for me.
I've had this laptop for less than a year

if its forgeted up it's been forgeted up since I got it

which would make sense because it's an inherently forgety OS because Metro was ported from loving ARM

Bro, the MSI sold.
Fair enough, but here's the same laptop you were looking at, new, for ~$180 more

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CLzx99bUg74CFa5DMgod0iQAmA&Item=N82E16834152406&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-All+Gaming+Notebooks-_-N82E16834152406&ef_id=UyKiHQAAAY18rzuf:20140428170320:s
I can get the Lenovo with 750m SLI for the same price.
SLI in a laptop is a nightmare for cooling and in most cases doesn't perform as well as slightly higher-end single GPU implementations
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:03:22 PM by takato14 »

Fair enough, but here's the same laptop you were looking at, new, for ~$180 more

New does not appeal to me in the slightest. The refurbished one had the same warranty.

New does not appeal to me in the slightest. The refurbished one had the same warranty.
its not a question of it being new, it's a question of which laptop is better

and the MSI is superior in every specification except screen resolution, which is the same

the GTX-750 SLI might be a bit faster but it's gonna kick off a lot more heat
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:06:52 PM by takato14 »

bullstuff

I have W7 pro and W8 pro installed dual-boot on my laptop, W8 is a forget of a lot slower

its also really unstable, explorer crashes all the time
have fun with that, its strictly worse in specs than the MSI and its $200 more
$200 more? It's $819 moron. It's overall just a nice laptop, the forgets your problem.

And great job dun loving your W8. I have W8 and it runs so much better than W7 ever did.