Author Topic: PC spec decision  (Read 5644 times)

I think you're getting your facts confused with opinions... or vice versa. You had a bad experience with one. I understand that. People (I have googled) have had issues with the MSI. Neither one is going to be perfect. I'll pick whichever one is cheaper.

There is no such thing as a laptop without flaws.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:10:37 PM by Bones4 »

$200 more? It's $819 moron. It's overall just a nice laptop, the forgets your problem.
the listing I saw said $990.79

And great job dun loving your W8. I have W8 and it runs so much better than W7 ever did.
are you running it on the same system, because Ive done speed comparisons with games, emulators, and web browsers and W7 was faster every time

There is no such thing as a laptop without flaws.
very true, it's pretty much always a "lesser of two evils" situation

you know my recommendation, so I'm just gonna split before this turns into another flame war about W8
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:12:40 PM by takato14 »

Oh, you guys can argue if you want, but I'll be using W8. It just...  feels better to me.

Oh, you guys can argue if you want, but I'll be using W8. It just...  feels better to me.
Thats because it is better, more efficient and definitely more fluid. The little pup somehow forgeted up his windows 8 installation and he sees the need to blame the OS.
Be sure to update to 8.1 :D tis free


I'm indifferent between the two operating systems tbh


I mades purchases of a Lenovo Y410P. I chose a decent balance between portability and power.

i7-4700MQ
8GB DDR3 1,600
1TB 5400PRM
24GB SSD
GTX 755M 2GB
DVDRW
14.0" 1600x900 LED
Windows 8.1 64 bit

Refurbished. Warranty until April 2015

$740

There's also a way to rig a second 755m (meant for Y510p) in the ultrabay slot. That's another $100 if I end up trying it.


I mades purchases of a Lenovo Y410P. I chose a decent balance between portability and power.

i7-4700MQ
8GB DDR3 1,600
1TB 5400PRM
24GB SSD
GTX 755M 2GB
DVDRW
14.0" 1600x900 LED
Windows 8.1 64 bit

Refurbished. Warranty until April 2015

$740

There's also a way to rig a second 755m (meant for Y510p) in the ultrabay slot. That's another $100 if I end up trying it.

HDD is meh, but nice.


I've seen 8GB and 24GB SSDs on these. Not sure how it works, but apparently that small amount makes the boot times and overall OS responsiveness snappy.

I use an SSD for my desktop, but I think these are different. Maybe this one is some kind of partitioning system.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:33:27 PM by Bones4 »

Bones, just wondering but what is your profile picture?

Don't hug me I'm scared