Author Topic: Bullet Holes  (Read 5270 times)

What Half Life 2 weapon pack?

Also, i thought bullet holes stopped working after v21 because they'd only appear at certain angles on interiors
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=240576.0

Then why was your wip murder mystery (the one in mote mansion) causing massive fps issues after a few rounds without cleaning up the blood shapes?

I don't know, why was it?

Also that has nothing to do with alpha cutout textures/shaders.

What about them? Transparency with or without shaders works just fine.

What about them? Transparency with or without shaders works just fine.
No it doesn't. A completely transparent texture ends up black on the dts.

No it doesn't. A completely transparent texture ends up black on the dts.

You're doing something wrong then. It works just fine for bullet holes and blood decals.

You're doing something wrong then. It works just fine for bullet holes and blood decals.
Actually, not black. It just uses the color that the shape has. So the result is either a white square with the decal in the middle, or an invisible square with an invisible decal.

Actually, not black. It just uses the color that the shape has. So the result is either a white square with the decal in the middle, or an invisible square with an invisible decal.
Stop talking about what would happen if you did it wrong.

here's an example, this one called "black25" from vehicle_citybus.

Black25, 50, and 75 are used to adjust the shading of an existing color. Basically, think of it as overlaying those partially transparent colors on a solid one.

Stop talking about what would happen if you did it wrong.

Those are not square faces with an alpha cutout texture. The actual shape of the blood is part of the model.

Those are not square faces with an alpha cutout texture. The actual shape of the blood is part of the model.
The point is that he has bullet holes there. Stop avoiding situations that could make you wrong, everyone is wrong once in a while.

The point is that he has bullet holes there.
I never said that couldn't be done? It's just not as easy as plopping a png on the wall.

zeblote
psst zeblote psst psst

zeblote
psst zeblote psst psst

[im g]http://24.media.tumblr.com/9c88c435a81c64d9c412eed68cec76ea/tumblr_mif3kfF7181rzaihro1_400.gif[/img]
you dont need to be a huge richard about it, zeb is just stating something correct. not like hes causing huge disturbances.
god, and you make a clan called 'the corrected'.
talk about being 'corrected'.

I'm probably wrong on this, but I remember shooting a gun at a wall repeatedly in gmod and having the area around the bullet hole get darker and darker - wouldn't that mean that the background isn't fully transparent there either?

i don't care if it's a decal or model
i just want bullet holes
if it's supposedly impossible how did the HL2 pack do it
reading all the posts I suppose models would work better because apparently decals can't be 100% transparent. that's ok.

i don't care if it's a decal or model
i just want bullet holes
if it's supposedly impossible how did the HL2 pack do it
reading all the posts I supposed models would work better because apparently decals can't be 100% transparent. that's ok.
Noone said it is impossible?