Author Topic: Better Server Rules  (Read 11837 times)

Remember those rules mods that would show a messagebox when you spawned, but it would always just close itself before you could really read it? I assure you this is quite different. These rules will display before the user is able to spawn, and they won't spawn until they click "YES" on the rules box. This ensures that every player has a fair chance to read the rules, and cannot otherwise argue that they didn't know the rules. Additionally, if a gamemode has a rules.txt file in it, it will automatically be loaded as the server's rules.

Commands:
/rules - Displays the rules on a normal OK box, good for previewing after changing a rule.

/setRule <number> <rules> - Allows a super-admin to set a rule. Can have as many as you want.
/setRule 1 Do not spam.
/setRule 2 This_very_long_rule_can_be_ma de_by_using_underscores_inste ad_of spaces !

Download

This mod uses Greek2Me's Support_Updater. Upon installation, you may be prompted to download Support_Updater if you do not already have it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:58:29 PM by Pecon »

The only problem with these MessageBoxOK rules are the packet limits. You can only send (256?) characters.

This is much better

Though do the rules cut off because of a character limit like the other?

This is much better

Unfortunately I believe that they will. I didn't actually test that, though.

Loading screen texture is that?

Loading screen texture is that?

Some client mod I downloaded a long time ago. I don't know.

Some client mod I downloaded a long time ago. I don't know.
Alright.

What happens if you click no?

Yes they do because the messagebox is created using a commandtoclient which can carry a max of 255 characters.

It blasts you into the sun.

Yes they do because the messagebox is created using a commandtoclient which can carry a max of 255 characters.
255 characters is more than enough text though.

I think if you click no then you just... can't spawn.

It should be a OK box, not a YES/NO box.