Better Server Rules

Author Topic: Better Server Rules  (Read 11835 times)

I wish there was a bigger messageBox in the game, one that took up most of your screen to add more information in it.

I wish there was a bigger messageBox in the game, one that took up most of your screen to add more information in it.

The messageBox expands to fit bigger messages. The problem is that the networking can only handle strings up to 255 characters.

I wonder if it is possible to distribute the message across multiple message boxes to somewhat circumvent the 255 character limit. The first box would just say OK until you get to the last box; you wouldn't need more than 2-3 anyways, right? Even if you can't, I'm glad this has been released, since I've seen this in some servers before, and I prefer it this way.

Whenever I restart my server these don't save... It ends up putting an empty box prompting me "yes" or "no."

I guess that means my server has no rules  :cookieMonster:

Whenever I restart my server these don't save... It ends up putting an empty box prompting me "yes" or "no."

I guess that means my server has no rules  :cookieMonster:
I've fixed this. The fix has been released on the updater.

If the problem persists after updating, delete the rules.cs file that you can find in your config/server/ folder.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:19:24 PM by Pecon »

I've fixed this. The fix has been released on the updater.

If the problem persists after updating, delete the rules.cs file that you can find in your config/server/ folder.
Not everyone has Support_Updater.

Not everyone has Support_Updater.

Then that's their problem. If they don't have it they'll just have to download the file manually.

I was waiting for greek to upload this, (he never would have)

Thanks pecon!  :cookieMonster:

I was waiting for greek to upload this, (he never would have)

Thanks pecon!  :cookieMonster:

Mine is just a modified version of Kalphiter's.

A good idea:

If there are more than 255 characters on a message box it should make another message box until it hits the last page. (agrees at the end)

Is something called when OK is pressed or is that just with yesno.

A good idea:

If there are more than 255 characters on a message box it should make another message box until it hits the last page. (agrees at the end)

...I just posted that not long ago...

I wonder if it is possible to distribute the message across multiple message boxes to somewhat circumvent the 255 character limit. The first box would just say OK until you get to the last box

OT: Any word on if this can be done or not? I don't really see why not other than how it'd be able to split the message into separate boxes (which is more my lack of knowledge of torquescript).

Yes, I can do that. Maybe soon.

only a dolt would click no

only a dolt would click no
"i like to live dangerously"