Author Topic: I will buy you a steam game that is $5 or under if you make me a logo.  (Read 1914 times)

the forget johnny, did you not see my post about it being a WIP

i know it looks like it's a very easy edit but i had to edit out:
-the shadow from the original picture
-the background from the original pictures
-imperfections
this took 5+ minutes
i want to at least be acknowledged
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:50:57 PM by xSetrox »

the forget johnny, did you not see my post about it being a WIP

i know it looks like it's a very easy edit but i had to edit out:
-the shadow from the original picture
-the background from the original pictures
-imperfections
this took 5+ minutes
i want to at least be acknowledged
http://i.imgur.com/TPomaIS.png
your logo doesnt look that good. he shouldnt wait to judge a piece of work that isnt finished when there is a perfectly good one ready.
-text is tiny compared to massive rolls of sushi
-image is square, not a good shape for a header
-image is blurry
-you took too long

your logo doesnt look that good. he shouldnt wait to judge a piece of work that isnt finished when there is a perfectly good one ready.
-text is tiny compared to massive rolls of sushi -no it's not? you can easily read it.
-image is square, not a good shape for a header -what? all images on the internet are square
-image is blurry -so? you can clearly tell it's sushi
-you took too long - i CLEARLY told OP that it was a work in progress

and tbh trogs looks a lot better...
i agree, but zealot is picking out details that actually make the image look better, or are just fine

Heh

Oops, two files?

Heh

Oops, two files?
What. Why do you have a png with jpeg compression.

xSetrox, since you seem to have a lot of misconceptions and are confused, I will clear things up for you.

1) In reference to the text being tiny, Zealot said nothing about it being hard to read. He said the proportions of the text compared to the sushi rolls is not that great (in his opinion and mine). Text can be a little bigger. It has nothing to do with readability, but more so with proportions.

2) Your image is square, that is correct. This isn't a "so!!!!!". It's a header for a webpage, therefore it would benefit from being rectangular in regards that the width stretches over said portion of the webpage well enough over the height.

3) If someone want's a high quality image, again saying "so!!!!" in regards to it being blurry is flat out handicapped. Do you hire a carpenter to lay down hard wood floors for your house, then let him off the hook when he makes them crooked and says "so, you can clearly tell it's hard wood floors!".

4) You did take too long, and someone better came along. This is a basic life rule.

If graphic design is your thing, well then take these with you and learn some more, practice, do better. If it is not, which I believe to be the case considering how you just blow off important aspects like they are nothing, then you should either refrain from doing so as a whole, or take criticism better. You just seem upset that someone else got the prize. Don't worry, it's just a $5 stuffty steam game.

Now, I also apologize for having to rant about you like this, but really, it's nothing personal.

What. Why do you have a png with jpeg compression.

I was trying to make it Jpeg, it wouldn't work.

I was trying to make it Jpeg, it wouldn't work.
What. Why would you save a logo as jpeg? Why would you then assume it didn't work and save as a png when the compression is clearly there?

-text is tiny compared to massive rolls of sushi -no it's not? you can easily read it.
-image is square, not a good shape for a header -what? all images on the internet are square
-image is blurry -so? you can clearly tell it's sushi
-you took too long - i CLEARLY told OP that it was a work in progress
i never said it was hard to read. i said that images were large compared to the text.
look at the blockland forums logo. headers benefit from being in a rectangular shape, if blockland forums was square, it would stretch the website.

this is a blurry picture of a man. you can clearly tell it is a man, but it still isn't a good picture
you did tell the op it was a work in progress. he never promised to respect that statement.

Setro, I chose. I have my own free will.
It's a nice logo, but the square resolution ruined it.

Despite creating a logo, Trogtor's is definitely the best. Congrats on him :)

Why would you save a logo as jpeg?
most websites use .jpgs and .gifs
.pngs take up too much memory and a good web designer knows this

a website needs to have the important content loaded in at least five seconds or the user will just leave