Author Topic: Damn i should have got Gmod  (Read 5873 times)

Not if you use smart welder, and there's tons to do. Fort wars, you think of some crazy a$$ thing, and you can make it. It's a lot more custom building then BL, but I do like BL.

it's really boring. seriously. you can spawn objects and 'weld' them together, to make cars and stuff, but the welding sucks and if you move anything with the physics gun, all the welds move around and get tangled and whatever you built is now entirely useless.

You aren't building right, obviously. :cookieMonster:

My suggestion: If something isn't supposed to move, weld and freeze it. Freeze it so that it is easy to walk or jump on, weld it so that if you unfreeze it on accident it doesn't fall.

If something is supposed to move, and there are more then two things in your contraption, then weld everything together. For example, suppose you have a contraption built out of components A, B, and C. Weld A to B, B to C, and C to A. It makes it a lot more stable.

Finally, little detail things should be no-collided with whatever they are welded to.

Finally, little detail things should be no-collided with whatever they are welded to.
I'm not playing again until they come out with a No-collide all tool that actually works. The No-colide feature on the smart welder (was it the smart welder... gah I forget) doesn't work for ice cream. The amount of time I've spent un-colliding everything to everything is horrible. And then I'd hit the thruster button and all hell would break loose.

I'm not playing again until they come out with a No-collide all tool that actually works. The No-colide feature on the smart welder (was it the smart welder... gah I forget) doesn't work for ice cream. The amount of time I've spent un-colliding everything to everything is horrible. And then I'd hit the thruster button and all hell would break loose.

use "multi no-collide." That and smart welder dominates gmod alongside the stacker.

use "multi no-collide."
Tell me more about this tool, this wonderful sounding tool.

If you think this community is bad,Facepunch will chew your ass out.

I take that back, detail should just be parented to whatever they are attached to, unless you really, really need collision on them for some reason.

use "multi no-collide."

It actually works, and the highlighting method it uses is ownage. It highlights in a nice shade of purple, then you right-click, and nothing touches each other.

Linkage: http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=14018

use "multi no-collide."

It actually works, and the highlighting method it uses is ownage. It highlights in a nice shade of purple, then you right-click, and nothing touches each other.

Linkage: http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=14018
Holy mac, thank you so much.

Reinstalling.

Gmod+blockland = fun for building.
blockland = awesome with even bad graphics card, you can build with blockos, extreamly easy to modify.
gmod = sandbox building is fun for a while but gets borring, gmod mods are fun though :D

Personaly, source is only fun for the engine. blockland is fun for the community + building with blocks and being creative. (notice people still buy legos?)

All his commas are in the right spot.

Uhh. The comma's are over-used is a better word for it.

There are 3. And all in the right places.