Author Topic: I finally crashed my car for the first time  (Read 1752 times)

I was approaching the entrance to my subdivision about 10 mph faster than I should, and upon turning the wheel, I heard the sound of screeching.

"those are my front wheels," I thought.

I pulled on my experience from video games. "The wheels have no traction, so I'm not actually turning. I need to--"*WHUMP*





The steering got messed up and it tried to turn right while moving forward. It's front wheel drive so, yay, more things to break when you hit a front wheel.

Fortunately, I got my confidence checked without hitting anything but a concrete barrier, but my upper back is steadily reminding me to respect real life vehicle physics.

damn straight

be more careful next time son

Oh my, I hope it doesn't cost a lot to fix. Be more careful.


bl taught me to bounce off of curbs

Hey, not bad for a first crash ;)

BL vehicle physics =/= real life vehicle physics

BL vehicle physics =/= real life vehicle physics
Hey, I play simulation racing games too.


And I crash all the damn time but that's... actually that's pretty relevant to the point.

What was your tire pressure?

BL vehicle physics =/= real life vehicle physics
I totally bounced off a curb last week, and was launched 50 feet in the air and there's not a scratch


What was your tire pressure?
hell if I know

A+ car owner

What's your car?
1993 Ford Taurus


It's time for an exaggerated dramatization


do you care, and do you love the experience?

damn that sucks
Hope you, the car and the curb are fine.