Think Clones been malwared ;/

Author Topic: Think Clones been malwared ;/  (Read 707 times)

Writing this on my phone so bad spelling ahead-
So i was paroozing around on my comp when my mouse started acting up, it started with constant right clicking and bringing up the menu box thingy, figured it was a problem with the drivers or something so i tried to update and they were up to date.
After a while i couldn't click some stuff like tabs, sometimes it would work for a few minutes then balls up again. By now when it wasn't on a minute long working spree nothing was clickable, windows and menus have to be navigated from my keyboard.
But that has also become impossible with the mouse rapidly left +right clicking on its own and leaving the menus.
I tried using my bros mouse and different usb ports but it was always the same.
Then i noticed one tab had a "may contain malware, know malware distributor" message, hence my malware suspicions.
Tried using system restore a bunch of times, only restore points go back 2 days and the problem still persists.
Tried to boot in safe mode but only options were start windows normally or startup repair.
Startup repair fails and i was able to get to system restore again after it failed, this time withdrew 2 further back days to restore to, however  other times i got "system restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070057" so no luck there.
Prior to this i had managed to run a quick scan of malwarebytes that found 1 error i got rid of, didn't fix anything though, now my mouse can't last long enough to do a scan because i can't navigate the program.
I've looked around online but to no avail, so i figured if these Microsoft employees and techspurts don't know what's wrong then who will? The forums of course!
So yeah if you have any ideas i can try please share em.
Assistance required.

Eeep.

Might be a rootkit? If it is preventing Safe Mode, it's probably trying its best to stay butt-loving your system.

If you can't get Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware to install, you might want to try RKill (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308364/rkill-what-it-does-and-what-it-doesnt-a-brief-introduction-to-the-program/) to prevent whatever is going loving with your system.

It'll probably end up as a harmless program which needs an update, but you never know.

Have you tried asking a real malware support forum instead of googling them?

Eeep.

Might be a rootkit? If it is preventing Safe Mode, it's probably trying its best to stay butt-loving your system.

If you can't get Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware to install, you might want to try RKill (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308364/rkill-what-it-does-and-what-it-doesnt-a-brief-introduction-to-the-program/) to prevent whatever is going loving with your system.

It'll probably end up as a harmless program which needs an update, but you never know.
I'll give it a shot, also I'll try reinstalling malwarebytes because now when I try to open it I get an error "run-time error'383': 'text' property is read-only"
so yeah that's borked too :c
EDIT: ok so apparently I can't uninstall malwarebytes or install a new copy until it is uninstalled so that's kinda locked...
Have you tried asking a real malware support forum instead of googling them?
Is there a way I can say no whilst still sounding like I'm smart enough to think of that?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:24:11 AM by Clone v.117 »

Is there a way I can say no whilst still sounding like I'm smart enough to think of that?
This is beautiful

Try to boot from safemode. If you can, download some anti-rootkit and a better antivirus from another PC and pass it via floppy, CD or pendrive. If you can't, you're forgeted.

Try to boot from safemode. If you can, download some anti-rootkit and a better antivirus from another PC and pass it via floppy, CD or pendrive. If you can't, you're forgeted.
Tried to boot in safe mode but only options were start windows normally or startup repair.

miniupdate: So while I was looking around some malware removal sites I got this little bugger jumping up on me
ok so my internet is now running the slowest it ever has so I can't attach or upload a picture but I got redirected to an obvious virus page called lpcloudbox329 about supposedly needing to update my video player. I looked it up and the only information I could find on it was that yeah its a virus and apparently a bad one, dunno if this is the main problem or trouble on the side.

Since booting up again my mouse has been working so far (so far I usually get a little bit of time before it blows up again) but there's clearly still trouble afoot.
Time to seek the malware experts advice.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:16:08 AM by Clone v.117 »

At the moment I seem to have gotten rid of at least most of the problems so I'll lock this thread either for good or until something happens, though even then I'll probably take it to a malware removal forum.
Though if you have any info you think I might find helpful feel free to pm it, thanks for the helpsies.