Author Topic: Blockland Community ||Text Wall||  (Read 6486 times)

Hey. I wanted to say something about the Blockland Community and how it has evolved from good and bad over time, and how it will effect ourselves and others.

You may choose not to listen to my rant, or you may choose to take my point of view and relate it to yours, and try and rethink your actions before doing them.

When I joined Blockland in around 2007 (or 2009 not 100% sure), Blockland was just starting up. Yes, Blockland started in November 2004, but it's progression was on a slow elevating slope. The community was very friendly from what it is now. No one really had the skill in the game as what they do now. It was very different back then. You could build a master piece then and have it look crap now.

People were very friendly. Disrespectfulness was not as around as it is today. There were no Nigerian Cunts. There were no egotistical flaunts strutting from server to server. Each and everyone skill was relatively the same, and we were kind, and respectful to each other.

But then Blockland grew. And with that growth it began to change. And the change happened very drastically. People grew older. They chose the path that made them mean and rude. But they still aren't mature to keep that inside. The internet changed too. Nudity, racism, and all the bad things began to crept to the lot of the internet's users. Kids.

But we still forget who's eyes and ears are still pre-mature to what really goes on in life. I'm sidetracking here, so I'll go back to Blockland.

With the new steam launch, many new kids joined Blockland. And the older kids, weren't as nice as what they were. This also has been happening way before the steam launch. We keep forgetting to think before we open our mouths. These are kids. They are not as old as you. They do not know as much as you. You must treat them as such.

Then we open our mouthes. We hurt each others feelings. We ruin, minds. We carve a terrible path to people that is hard to go back.

I myself have realized this.

Blockland has changed my life drastically. That I am thankful and shameful. Blockland allowed me to spell better, and write faster. These have gotten me far in real life stuff such as school and grades. My mom may not believe this on the outside, but she knows too.

Blockland has made me angry. People have spout out stuff I never want to repeat. It has etched a horrible gut wrenching path to a place I can't turn back. They made me bad. Some people on Blockland say bad things, and they have made me bad. And that changes people.

When you get as attached to a magnificent game like this, it's hard to turn away. But it spread. It spread like a bad infection. A rash that could not be removed. It was a disease. And it's killing Blockland.

I am a terrible shameful person. I have done things I regret. I have pushed away friends that were most dear to me through the anger inside me. And I know some can relate.

Blockland's community is slowly degrading. Now this is my point of view. Many may say otherwise. But there is proof. You can go back to the very start of the forums and see. You can see Ephialtes' first posts on the forums. Was he as strict as he was back then? No.

If we continue this path to destruction we very meet it.

So why can't we be kind?

Why do we have to push others away? Why do we have to say rude things that will change lives? Why can't we go back to the very community we once were?

You can still demand respect. Do you need to cuss in the process? No. You can still ban the very people you hate, but you don't need to include hate messages with it either.

If we lay down our characteristics we have now and just act happier, we will be happier.

Maybe we can change this community to a better place?

I know it's impossible to change the internet, or the entire world. But Blockland is small. And we can try and change that. There are some people who are nice. You like to stick around with them right? Why not be that person?

I may never change back to the person I once was, and I will still lash out in anger. Everyone has personal issues, but when you go to Blockland should be able to control them. I need to control them too.

This is my point of view. You may have a different opinion, but this is mine.

Debate, forums.

I made this in a short time, so expect errors.
If this gets moved to drama, I understand.

I've been itching to get this out ;-;

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:52:55 PM by Badspot »

The community's hostility has led to this:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:11:51 PM by Hammereditor5 »

um you joined in 2009 not 2007

OT: Beautiful.

Hammereditor, is that from RTB?

edit is much snip

That does the amount of online players have to do with anything?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:03:13 PM by Jakobblockhead »

That does the amount of online players have to do with anything?
He's saying "this is what has been happening as a result of the things in the OP."

He's saying "this is what has been happening as a result of the things in the OP."

The graph seems constant to me.

The graph seems constant to me.
Look at late 2013 when Blockland became available on Steam. Then look at the gradual decline in players. If it stays on that course, we'll have lower peak amounts of players than we did years ago. In fact, we already have according to that graph.

Look at late 2013 when Blockland became available on Steam. Then look at the gradual decline in players. If it stays on that course, we'll have lower peak amounts of players than we did years ago. In fact, we already have according to that graph.

Ah, ok now I see it.

This is also an all out apology for all those people I've been a butthead to.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Now edited.

Hammereditor, is that from RTB?
This is a graph Kalphiter made 4 days ago from his master server records.

um you joined in 2009 not 2007
A lot of players get banned. A lot of users think I joined 3 months ago although I really joined in March 2012.

you definitely did not join in 2007. stop trying to make yourself seem like a veteran. your IDs were being sold 2009-2010 iirc.
people like, sub 1K joined in 2007. you definitely act like no sub 1k.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:23:47 PM by Passta Soup »

you definitely did not join in 2007. stop trying to make yourself seem like a veteran. your IDs were being sold 2009-2010 iirc.
people like, sub 1K joined in 2007. you definitely act like no sub 1k.

Is that what your pin-pointing on besides the entire point of the topic? When I joined is fuzzy. Joined in first grade, now I'm in seventh. But is that really relevant?

Plus:
When I joined Blockland in around 2007

On top of your edit:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=41485.0

In 2007 - 2008, 7000 id's came out. Not around 1k at all?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:27:13 PM by Jakobblockhead »

you definitely did not join in 2007.
After looking at my BL_ID database, you're right. Jakobblockhead's in-game BL_ID is the same as his forum one.