Author Topic: Just got my first tattoo!  (Read 2895 times)

looks like something a slightly overweight 40 something year old women would wear

That is a beautiful tat, how much did you pay for it?
I keep a full list of tats that I plan on getting, but I gotta go through college before I get any, as an agreement I've kinda kept with my parents.

and then you get old and it shrivels up
Oh no, the tattoos will shrivel up JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOUR SKIN, lord have mercy!
"I have plenty of tattoos, am getting many more as time goes on. I am very secure with myself,. I don't get them for anyone else. I get them because i appreciate and like the art form. I am also an educated man (I have a masters and deciding whether I want to get doctorate at the moment) and I am a special education teacher. I don't care what people think of my tattoos. I am damn good at my job and I have yet to have a parent tell me they have a problem with my art. My words to you are grow up and move on. If you don't like tattoos, don't get them, don't read articles on them. However, I must say that on a daily basis when I look in the mirror, all I see is freedom." - Jarred, 48

I haven't found anything I like enough.
Don't find
create (or have someone help you, like a tattoo artist or someone in art classes)
the best tattoos are the ones with meaning. OP's was made by a friend and relates to his career path. There's a picture floating around on the internet of a very poorly drawn picture tattoo'd onto a guy, and the story behind it was that it was the last drawing his daughter made for him before passing away. Getting barbed wire on your arm or getting a peace symbol is NOT the way to go (majority of the time, unless you truly work with barbed wire or are a hippy?)

Yeah no problem with that it's just that it's unusual for a guy to have these kind of tattoos.
It is??
Wow, that's news to me!

lol Adin you seem upset about nothing

That is a beautiful tat, how much did you pay for it?
I keep a full list of tats that I plan on getting, but I gotta go through college before I get any, as an agreement I've kinda kept with my parents.
-Snipsnipsnip-
£300 total, from who I consider to be the best artist on the island I live on (We have quite a few tattoo parlours here so I did a lot of research). It was quoted as a whole day session because of the amount of varying colour in it (which you can't see in the photo dammit), and so was from 10AM-6PM. Normally his day sessions cost £360, I got a discount though.

Also thanks for being someone that understands what's going on in the world of tattoos, I enjoyed your post.
I also really like the tattoo on the link of the word 'me', it's pretty damn awesome!

lol Adin you seem upset about nothing
You can royally forget off. Upset about nothing? You've come onto this thread and bashed him for a tattoo that he spent time and energy getting, that's not just some pigment under the skin. The whole point of a tattoo is to tell a story, no matter how stupid or lame it is. Even if you just get a richard tattoo'd onto your thigh, that's still a story from when you were reckless and young, regardless of the shame or torment it might bring you.
Judging by the quality of the tattoo plus the cost of it, Saug has put a lot of thought into this, and with that in mind I can comfortably say that this is him presenting himself at his weakest. He has put his passion out for the world to see, and you are one of the first to bash that. So remind me again why I'm upset about "nothing"?

A couple tattoos I dug up to get the meaningful point across:

I think I love AdinX.
Not simply because of the defending of my choice, but for the fact that for once someone is using logic and citing evidence. Even if he was against me I would still respect his view, even if contrary to mine.

take it off it makes you more uglier

that's a neat tattoo. you should get a bass clef for your left arm so you can remember which hands play what on the piano!

that's a neat tattoo. you should get a bass clef for your left arm so you can remember which hands play what on the piano!
This is literally the best idea ever

You can royally forget off. Upset about nothing? You've come onto this thread and bashed him for a tattoo that he spent time and energy getting
Yeah I didn't read past this line because I wasn't bashing him at all. I even said ''no problem with that''.
gj

That would be pretty cool, I've considered it, but I wouldn't same the same kind of flowery-petally thing again, I would have it in a different style, if it was too similar to the other side I felt it'd be a bit cheesy...
What I had wanted for a while on the left is the Seikilos Epitaph, it's the oldest written piece of Music, originating from Ancient Greece. In Civilisation V they did a modern interpretation of how it would sound that I really like too, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpVrmRkPWk .
The written words to it when translated are a nice mantra to live by as well;
"While you live, shine
have no grief at all.
Life only exists for a short while
and time demands its toll
"

Yeah I didn't read past this line because I wasn't bashing him at all. I even said ''no problem with that''.
gj
"You're ugly, but there's no problem with that."

Cool Tattoo, though the stem on the rose looks a little interestingly odd to me.