Author Topic: Authentication/name-changing bug  (Read 1137 times)

I puchased a new Blockland key from Amazon yesterday, with the BL_ID 51965. After that, here was my list of alt accounts:

UsernameForum nameBL_ID   Activation method
HammereditorHammereditor^5   91456Steam
HammerHostHammereditor594180Steam
Blockhead51965   N/A51965Product key

Then I was curious if my 51965 ID could have the same in-game name as my 94180 ID. So I clicked the button, and changed my name to "HammerHost". And guess what, it worked! So now my 94180 and new account had the same in-game name.

After that, I used mobile tethering to access a different IP address. I then changed my new account's name back to "Blockhead51965", and connected to the new IP address. After that, I changed the name to "HammerHost", and it worked again! I tried "Hammereditor", and it worked.
I tested about 4 names of other, random players of random Steam BL_ID's, and I could have the same name as all of them. This is a real bug with BL's Steam authentication; test it yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:26:40 PM by Hammereditor5 »

Just tried. Didn't work.

I made that thing in the OP a table
for fun

what am I doing with my life

I made that thing in the OP a table
for fun

what am I doing with my life
I can never make BBCode tables. They always seem to be off.

You're doing it wrong.

Just tried. Didn't work.
Can you describe your test?
And are you sure the player you tried to impersonate is Steam-authenticated? Some high BL_ID's are not bought through Steam.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:17:37 PM by Hammereditor5 »

they're pretty simple, really
the tags are [table][tr][td]
table is kind of obvious. you just put it around anything that you want to be in the table

table row (tr) goes around a row, inside the table tags. so, Username, Forum name, BL_ID, and Activation method, are all one row, so they're all contained in the same set of table row tags

table data (td) goes around every separate data entry, within the row tags. each one on a row goes into a separate column, and the row with the most table data tags determines how many columns there are total. if you want a certain row to have an empty entry in any place other than the end of the row, you'd just have to put in an empty data tag
and I suggest adding a few spaces into the longest td tag in every row column, just to make it look less cramped

a better example, with a title, and both column and row headings:

TITLEColumn 1   Column 2   Column 3   
Row 1   Data 1Data 2Data 3
Row 2Data 4Data 5
Row 3Data 6Data 7Data 8

also, don't add spaces between the tags
You're doing it wrong.
very helpful
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:24:14 PM by Night Fox »

this thread is now about tables it seems

also, don't add spaces between the tags
Thank you! This is what I've been doing wrong. Thanks for the other tips too.

Aware's alt discovered!
ooooh nooo the account from early 2011 is an alt of somebody that isn't banned
whatever shall we do

Badspot

• Administrator
This should now be fixed.  In the future, please message me directly about issues like this to avoid wide spread chaos.  Thanks. 

This should now be fixed.  In the future, please message me directly about issues like this to avoid wide spread chaos.  Thanks.  
I originally thought I may be doing my testing improperly or confusing things around, so I wanted to make sure other players experienced the same bug I did.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:19:36 PM by Hammereditor5 »