Apoco Truth.

Author Topic: Apoco Truth.  (Read 1557 times)

You are a man who has just been drafted into the league of the Apoco Truth. A group of hyperviolent people who are interested in finding out the truth about the apocalypse. The whole idea sounds much more ridiculous than it really is, but today, the Apoco Truth people have discovered something.

Their discovery sounds a bit ridiculous to just talk about in person, so a man has decided to call you in for an interview at a bar. The bar is shabby and was ruined obviously by the impact of the first nuke that truly began the apocalypse. He's sitting in the corner.

A fat man, he's sweating and he's generally ugly on impression. He's got a fat, bald head, and he's the opposite of muscular, bulging at every single flim in his coat. You don't want to talk to him, but you get the feeling nobody does.

Greet him, tell him your name. Actually, what is your name?

Greet him, tell him your name. Actually, what is your name?
Arthur Bradley

Arthur Bradley
"My name is Arthur Bradley," you tell the man. "It's... a pleasure to meet you."

He immediately begins an onslaught of words. "Now the thing we know right now is that the old military base near Las Vegas? That one, not Area 52, that Janet airlines thing? it might have had some importance. It was the way that the nuclear bombs got traveled, they hollowed out the seats or something. We really don't know - just hypothesizing. What do you think?"

"Look man, I know nothing about that stuff. I'm not a plane guy or anything. I'm actually only in this because I have [?] skills..."

Choose your skillset.

Current:

• Intelligence 5
• Street Smarts 5
• Toughness 5
• Charisma 5
• Discussion 5

You have 3 points remaining.

What you choose will determine your skillset.

+2 intelligence
-1 street smarts
+1 charisma
+1 discussion

• Intelligence 7
• Street Smarts 4
• Toughness 5
• Charisma 6
• Discussion 6

You are a Leader. You give people the news that they've not heard, or the news they've heard but better.

"I have leadership skills. That's why I'm here. If I didn't have the skills I've got, I probably wouldn't be talking to you right now. Only elites get to speak to me," you say. "So what is it you need from me? The news is all dandy and sweet but I want to know why I'm being dragged into this."

The man takes out a dirty handkerchief and wipes his forehead with it. He's got big lips, a small nose, but he doesn't wear glasses. He'd pass as 'ugly', but he's married. You can see the ring. "I think, sir, that the people would rather hear this news from you. I'm not really the best at saying this kinda stuff and I haven't the wits that you've got, which kind of leaves me as the messenger." He lights a cigarette. His hands tremble. "I don't like this apocalypse. My wife died on the day the nuke hits. I wear this ring to remember her, but I've let myself go. Name's Samara, by the way."

Oh.

[A] Say sorry for the events of that day. +1 Liking with Samara (the man).
[B] Don't respond. -1 Liking with Samara.
[C] Say you've got to go to the restroom, feigning sadness. Run off, do not interact with the man any longer. -1 Charisma, -1 Discussion, +1 Sneak (you start with 0)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:43:49 PM by Candy Apple »

A

Why the heck would you choose the others?

(OOC: Samara really doesn't affect the greater story all that much, he's moreso just involved in giving you messages.)

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I... I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, what happened has happened. But I definitely need you to tell the news to the Group."

The Group is the inner Circle of Apoco Truth members, they work very hard to make sure everyone's filled in. They're the most elite in the entire organization, and rely heavily on people like you, Leaders, to deliver the messages to them, rather than Postboys like Samara.