Author Topic: 2 Mass Shootings in One Day  (Read 2818 times)

One shooting took place in Moncton, New Brunswick Canada today and the killer is still on the loose and a portion of the city is on lockdown. (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27721569)

Another shooting happened today at a Christian university in Seattle, with a few people injured, and one dead. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/05/seattle-pacific-university-shooting/10036997/)

If you ask me really, this is getting out of control. Something has to be done, either we are getting crazier and crazier - or intelligence isn't powerful enough to stop these things before they happen.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:08:26 PM by Caribou »

Glad everyone's doing so well!! :)

I'd seen the original thread on Bourque yesterday. Didn't think he was still alive, kinda surprising since he's on foot(i think?).
Also fun to know there's a SU shooting as well.

Seems everyone thinks shooting is the cool thing these days

I didn't know there was a fatality in the Seattle one.  New news for me :panda:

I think its more surprising that neither committed Self Delete than the fact that there were shootings today. This is way too common.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:25:53 PM by Mr Man »

I'm willing to bet money both of the shooters committed Self Delete.
the shooter in Canada is still alive I think

I'm willing to bet money both of the shooters committed Self Delete.

Seattle one was apprehended.  From the news, I think he was reloading when a staff member (not sure) jumped him.  New Brunswick one...

the killer is still on the loose and a portion of the city is on lockdown.

Shootings happen all the time, just because two happened in the same week doesn't mean we suddenly need to get up in arms about gun control laws.

Shootings happen all the time, just because two happened in the same week doesn't mean we suddenly need to get up in arms about gun control laws.
Nobody said anything about gun control laws.

Some one will elsewhere.

Not here at least.

you're the first person to mention it here.

lol

Compared to other countries, America has it much worse than other developed nations in terms of major rampage killings.

this fad is really lame

Compared to other countries, America has it much worse than other developed nations in terms of major rampage killings.
well you do have to take into consideration the size of our population