8/10
5 (23.8%)
6/10
1 (4.8%)
4/10
0 (0%)
2/10
0 (0%)
0/10 my richard is more of a mansion than that.
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Meeker Mansion (Victorian era house) [IMG HEAVY 52]  (Read 3696 times)

I decided to make the meeker mansion. The Meeker Mansion is an old mansion made in 1890. Its actully a little bigger than I made it but w/e.

12.8 thousand bricks.
4 months
lovey

www.meekermansion.org for more info

These are some exterior shots.

the two white willows are actually these beautiful trees frrom japan the bloom blue only on mothers day.

now for some interior shots.
Ps every room in the house that has a fireplace, is built using the same wood as the fireplace.

first floor

small parlor. This rooms wood is Ash. It is connected to the library and the main hall via these two large sliding doors.

this is the library. IRL it has two book case and a glass display thing that has Eliza meekers dress in it

this is the large parlor. IRL it has two grand pianos, two cushion chairs and a table. Maple. I think

this is a shot of the the main hallway. You can see the clock that I still need a print for, and the stainglass windows to the Sun room.
The stair case is my favorite part of the house IRL. Its on par with the door hinges.

this is the sun room/carriage entrance, IRL it has a desk with a pc and a display case for merchandise.

this is the dining room. Ezra meekers favorite room. He spoke a lot about it. Its wook is Oak I think.

this is the kitchen. I know, there are no cupboards sinks. But thats how it is IRL. Everything is stored in the pantry.

this is the entrance to the basement. I know its a bad shot. I raised my FOV after this shot. This is located in the pantry wich I did not decorate.

this is the basment

these are the servants stairs. They lead from the first floor all the attic

this is the second floor main hall. The servants stairs dont lead to this hall. The main stairs do though. This hall has the doors to the Billiards room, the morning room, the guest bedroom,  and Ezra and Eliza Meekers bedroom, and the servants half of the house (yes, the servants actually got an entire half of the house)

this is the Morning room. It was Ezra Meekers favorite room. The way the sun faces the house, this room is always lit brightly. Its wood is ash

this is the guest room. REMEMBER, IRL this house is a lot larger so al, these rooms may appear small in BL. Theya re rather larger and TALL IRL. This room IRL has a bed, a wardrobe, a closet, a dresser, a balcony, and a few cushion chairs. I have no clue how my build ended up so small. Bed inspired by Brickitect

his is the Billiards room. IrL it has a red couch, a pool table, and a fireplace. But I let Brickitet build what he wanted. This rooms wood is Cedar I think.

this is Ezra and Eliza Meekers bedroom. Its made of Cherry and IRL has three chairs, one couch, washingtons first walkin closet, a wardrobe and a chest at the foot of the bed.

lol XDXD potty

his is the servants hall. It has doors to the servants rooms, the servants stairway, and the strange triangle closet thing that has a mirror and a moldy ceiling.

this is a servants room with a sewing machine

the other servants room. No one knows what was in it IRL so I just left it empty

these are the servants stairs to the attic

this is the attic. IRL it is used as the Archiving room. All the books and stuff are stored here. There are several computers there and this large table with a huge newspaper physcopath spiderweb, im not kidding.

this is one of the rooms in the attic. This room is actually like this. When I was tacking pictures iRL I nearly got a nail right in my head when I stood up.

this is basically what all the rooms look like so I will only show you one.

this is the stairs to the Widows Watch

this is the Widows Watch

I will be hosting this on Halloween as a haunted house and on Christmas month as a party server. A victorian tea party server. There will be christmas music and decorations.
Well thats all. Please rate.

This is absolutely incredible. Amazing job.

Makes me jump with glee whenever I see things like this pop up every once in a while.

I like how this came out. Some areas could use some more stuff, but overall it has a great ambiance to it.
Good work.

Also, some images in the OP appear twice..

Not a huge fan of the exterior's color scheme. Other than that this is really good.

Looks really nice!

Only complaint is the coloring.
Outside doesn't go well and the red rectangles just don't fit in.
And on the interior you seemed to use the same color brown for just about every piece of wood may that be flooring furniture or doors.
That may be because of colorset restrictions but still it would look a lot better if you added variance.

Other that that great build.

Love it.
Not a huge fan of the exterior's color scheme. Other than that this is really good.
Look at the link in the OP.

the mansion is available during our January and February closure by special arrangement for various group functions: graduations, birthdays, showers, weddings, and Victorian teas.
lol wtf

lol wtf
I volunteer at the mansion, and its usually old ladies who go to the teas. Its basically, all the volunteers dress up in victorian era clothes and talk in british accents while serving tea to old ladies with altimers and dimensia.

I volunteer at the mansion, and its usually old ladies who go to the teas. Its basically, all the volunteers dress up in victorian era clothes and talk in british accents while serving tea to old ladies with altimers and dimensia.
that sounds to much like cos play

Its great, though I think more detail could be put into the interior. Maybe some ceiling mouldings and patterns, as well as more wallpaper variation and perhaps adding some inlaid floors and other details which are common in Victorian homes. The color combination works fine, I've seen many Victorians in my area with that exact scheme.

Its great, though I think more detail could be put into the interior. Maybe some ceiling mouldings and patterns, as well as more wallpaper variation and perhaps adding some inlaid floors and other details which are common in Victorian homes. The color combination works fine, I've seen many Victorians in my area with that exact scheme.

I agree, the color scheme is fine but the interior still doesn't do it for me. I'm pretty much sold on everything on the exterior, looks great.

agreed. i wanted to do the beautiful hand painted ceilings but i would need prints for most of it. i will prolly have a more detailed interior by july