Author Topic: 10/10 steam, i hate you for life  (Read 856 times)

i was building some stuff on gmod, and my wifi just decides to go out, and then steam decides to close my loving server because, OH IF THERE'S NO WIFI, THEN WE SHOULD JUST SHUT DOWN THE SERVER, NOT SAVING ANYTHING

10/10, i hate everything

maybe you should save often because y'know there's a SAVE option in garry's mod

This is why we have blockland :)

Shouldn't you be blaming garry's mod instead of steam?

except my server isn't in multiplayer when i start a loving save

maybe you should save often because y'know there's a SAVE option in garry's mod
This

This is why we have blockland :)

Shouldn't you be blaming garry's mod instead of steam?
Its a common problem with most games. Internet goes out and you're screwed.

except my server isn't in multiplayer when i start a loving save
Um
Yes you can load things in multiplayer. DId you turn off auto-updating 2 years ago or something?

Yes you can load things in multiplayer. DId you turn off auto-updating 2 years ago or something?

no, last time i started a save my friends couldn't join my server because they couldn't find it, or the ip didn't work
anyways forget you steam i hate you for life, so what if the wifi goes out (FOR ONLY 10 SECONDS GOD) you don't have to blatantly close my loving server just because you can't connect

no, last time i started a save my friends couldn't join my server because they couldn't find it, or the ip didn't work
Dude, we've loaded ingame before I'm pretty sure. You are doing something wrong

i was building some stuff on gmod, and my wifi just decides to go out, and then steam decides to close my loving server because, OH IF THERE'S NO WIFI, THEN WE SHOULD JUST SHUT DOWN THE SERVER, NOT SAVING ANYTHING

10/10, i hate everything
uh, steam cannot "close" your server

you can lose connection to your server if it's a dedi and if your wifi goes out you won't see it on steam's server list

but steam is not "closing" your server

this is no one's fault but your own, if there's something you can lose by closing something, you should be making frequent trips to the save button, period

Unless you're hosting on another site, then I can't help you.
If you are, you seriously should know you'll be DC'd anyways.

watch the language!

i hate it when games instantly shut down when your internet lags for a second

when the steam overlay crashes though that it literally the most frustrating thing

i hate it when games instantly shut down when your internet lags for a second
my games just break when i try to join anything :(

i thought gmod had a grace period of 40 seconds of no connection or is that just me being silly

i thought gmod had a grace period of 40 seconds of no connection or is that just me being silly
It gives 40 seconds to reconnect, if it can't than it'll disconnect you. I personally set mine to 1000 seconds due to the fact that 40 isn't always enough